Just Back from the Destiny

Darcy03231

Sailing Destiny 1-21-07--- Can you help me with entertainment wonderings:

Lounge band - Name and style of Music?

Lido deck - Music or band " " " ?

Overall age groupings?

Of course, The a/c concern.........

Disembarking problems?? I have early return flight.

Thanks for your help!! Look forward to your review.

As we sailed the first week of September there were not many children on board and the ones I did see were very polite and well mannered. Most of the people on board were from San Juan (I would estimate about 80%). Age ranges were early 20's to seniors with most being 35-55.

Shows were great.My husband and I both agreed that the shows were the best we've ever seen on Carnival.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the food. This was our 4th Carnival cruise and we were disappointed with the quality. We spoke with other people who had cruised Carnival before and they said the same thing. We thought the food in the dining room was more like the food on the buffet on other cruises. The Grill (burgers, hot dogs and fries) were fine. Pizza was very good and the sandwiches at the New York deli were also good. There was an Asian place (I can't remember the name) and that was hit or miss. Same with the buffet. Some things were good and others weren't. Service was excellent.

Our cabins were very clean and the A/C worked fine in our cabin (8319). I did find that the hallways on our deck were very warm at times and we met up with some people who were just down the hall from us and they said their A/C didn't work at all.

I didn't use the spa. They did tend to run specials on port days and at the end of the cruise. If you are looking for spa services I would wait until then.

Lido deck had live music and recorded depending on the time of day. The Criterion (sp) lounge had Latin music, there was a piano bar (in the Apollo lounge I think) and there was a Karoke bar (not very crowded).

If you have an early flight make sure you self debark (carry off your own luggage). The first luggage tag colors weren't called until about 9 am. Ours was the last color and we weren't off the ship until 12:30 p.m.. We didn't mind as our flight wasn't until 3:30 p.m. and it was a nice day. We just hung out on the Lido deck until it was time to go.

Hi, Can you tell me is their a teen club on Destiny/ arcade? Sorry to hear about the food. I cruised Carnival twice before and sandwiches made to order we awesome...and love that Ceasar salad.. Oh one more thing...did anyone notice if they emptied the pools around 5 - 6 pm...??It seems on the other 2 Carnival ships I've been on they started cleaning up the decks chairs and cleaning out the pools... I just came back from RCL and they leave the water in the pools which was nice.... Thanks Laura

Laura: Yes, there was a teen club and arcade. I'm not sure about the pools as I wasn't on deck at night. We had our first balcony cabin and tended to hang out there instead. I didn't hear anyone say anything about the pools being emptied at night. The sandwiches on the Destiny were very good. Sometimes the salads were very good and other times the lettuce looked like it should have been tossed away the day before.

Cabin8538: Yes, it does. They don't allow anyone to board until they have everyone that has to get off in San Juan off the ship. There are some people who board in Aruba and in Barbados so they get to stay on. We were in the group of about the last 20 people off the ship and we could see the people waiting to get on. We were out of our cabin by 9:00 a.m. and up on the Lido deck just waiting for our color to be called. Everyone was being told to wait on Deck 5 or Deck 9 (Lido).

I was on the Destiny last month and I thought the food in the dining room was pretty good, not fabulous, but good. They served beef every night, which made my husband and two teens very happy. On the other hand, I thought the service was fair at best.

Archived