2005 Schedule

bbqbears

OK, I'll start. Anyone book a cruise for one of the recently released 2005 itineraries yet? We just booked Athens to Rome, October 2005. Waiting that long is cruel and unusual punishment, but due work schedules, can't go in the spring. Anyone else?

Kathy

Several of you booked your next cruise while on board the ship. I heard that you get 5% discount for doing that, is it true? Then, since you booked directly with the cruise line, can you afterwards transfer your booking to your favourite TA, and get a further 5% discount (normally given by many TAs)? Thank you.

Several of you booked your next cruise while on board the ship. I heard that you get 5% discount for doing that, is it true? Then, since you booked directly with the cruise line, can you afterwards transfer your booking to your favourite TA, and get a further 5% discount (normally given by many TAs)? Thank you.

You do get a 5% discount for booking future cruises while on board plus you do transfer it to your own travel agent. Discounts after that are up to you and your travel agent.

Many of our family/friends think we're crazy to book so far in advance. Our thinking is that the anticipation and planning are half the fun, and as long as you purchase trip insurance, the risk is minimal. And, unless you can take advantage of last minute deals (we generally can't), I think you get a better price by booking early. Other thoughts?

Kathy

• 1 month later...

AWe also just booked Oct 2005 Athens to Rome. Not only does this give us time for extra spending money- but I like to do research on the ports, etc. and decide what we might do in each- Getting ready is half the fun. And somehow it does come quicker than you think. I have a 'cruise' jar that I save change, etc and it is amazing how quickly it adds up.

Suu in FL

Sue (I assume your last sign-off was a typo?)- I chuckled when I read that you save your change. I do the same thing. My husband makes fun of me but oh wasn't he surprised when, on a trip to Las Vegas last spring, I pulled out rolls of quarters! And yes, I shared. I look forward to corresponding with you in the months ahead.

Kathy

Wow! Does that mean they have sold out? I thought April would be an off season! I booked in July & I only had a couple of choices on cabins in the category we wanted.

Hope you make it onboard. We are SO excited. My husband was stationed in the Med in the Navy & has always talked about going back.

It is my understanding that ALL categories except Owners Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and A [balcony] are waitlisted on the April 27th sailing. I am at a stand still on research and planning until I hear something. Would like to be checking for good air rates, but don't know what to check, so here I sit!

It is my understanding that ALL categories except Owners Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and A [balcony] are waitlisted on the April 27th sailing. I am at a stand still on research and planning until I hear something. Would like to be checking for good air rates, but don't know what to check, so here I sit!

I would do your research on your air and also try a couple of other agents for space..

Jan

Hello, We are thinking about taking a cruise next year. September something on the Oceania, Raggata. Have never been on this line or this ship. Any of you out there have been on this ship? If so, what should we book for the stateroom, suites? Thank you.:)

You didn't mention what type/category cabin you are looking at so it's hard to answer your question.

If you mean should you book a penthouse w/balcony ( yes ) you will also receive butler service ( those are on 8th floor) or vista or owner suites

( yes,indeed!)

the other cabins 6 and 7 th floor with balconies are also great ( but smaller in size and no butler service)..

We're booked in Cat A2 on deck 7. Supposed to be concierge service. As per Oceania's site Concierge includes:

"They offer such room amenities as a welcome bottle of champagne; a refrigerated mini-bar; TV and DVD player; personalized stationary; our exclusive Tranquility Bed featuring 350 thread count Egyptian cotton linens; a cashmere throw blanket; a complimentary tote bag and bathroom fixtures including a hand held hairdryer, Hansgrohe massaging shower heads and luxury toiletries.

Note: Concierge Level class of service will be launched on Regatta and Insignia beginning in April 2005."

The cost was slightly more than Cat B but not a huge difference. $100s, not $1000s.

We booked for next year already...they price was too good to pass up and I've been dying to go to St. Petersburg. If anyone reads this and is on the same trip let me know if you want to share tours...I've started researching already.:rolleyes:

If anyone is going from Barcelona to Venice and want some contacts for private tours, please let me know as we did that trip this summer.

I can't wait to go!:D

We just returned from the August 31 Venice to Athens cruise on the Insignia, and we loved every minute of it. While on board we booked the July 20 2005 Dover to Stockholm cruise on the Regatta. On both cruises we took the same cabin in the A1 category on Deck 7.

My wife and I have been on over 30 cruises (eight of them with Seabourn), and we have traveled both of these itineraries a number of times. I have nothing but praise for Oceania. There are some small details that that could be changed or improved on any cruise line, but I believe that Oceania has come up with a unique combination that offers a luxury experience at middle-range prices. The ships are beautiful, and the multi-national crews work exceptionally well together. Everyone seems to be unfailingly courteous and helpful. If the weather cooperates, you should have a wonderful experience on the Dover to Stockholm cruise.

Archived