Suite Balcony's sunbath nude

chuck&lori

Suite level 12

You don't say what ship you are one but I'm kind of guessing that if there are any decks above the one your suite is on, there's a good possibility that people could look down from above. I looked at deck plans for the Pride which I'm booked on and looks like all 12s are on 7th level from the top so I probably wouldn't want to do it.

It depends..... You may have very little sun coming in if it's not on the top deck. You could have rooms or other balconies above you, so not enough direct sunlight to get an all over even tan. I'd ask your TA if a portion of the balcony is uncovered or not.

There is not too much tanning/sunning potential on any of the Fantasy Class (Sensation included) Cat 12 suites...:( We do not even bother with the 11's or 12's on the Fantasy class ships anymore.. after being on other classes of ships, the balconys on Fantasy class ships seem more like they should be Cat 8's (at least when compared to an aft wrap-around 40 foot balcony... our last sailing on the Sensation was in a Cat 4... prior to that a Cat 1 (will NOT do that again - kids love uppers... adults usually don't!)

We have "fully tanned" on the Pride (spirit class) aft wrap-arounds (Cat 11) and on the Glory aft wrap-arounds (Cat 9)... being on the back corner of the ship, there is usually some place where the sun is shining at some point during the day... if someone in an adjacent cabin desires to peek around (their problem!), they might just get an thrill... LEGEND HERE WE COME!:D

Tom

I'm not sure about the Sensation but if your balcony has clear plexiglass it will reflect so anyone sitting on balconies on either side of you can see your reflection in all it's glory. So check before sunbathing.

A lady next door to us on the Legend was going topless on her balcony and we could see. Needless to say we decided we needed a drink from one of the bars and left our suite for awhile.

In my experience in an 11 on the Triumph, there is enough room[/] and privacy but not enough sun.

The partitions between the balconies were smoked glass so your neighbors couldn't see in unless they peeked through small gaps. I spent many a morning leaning out over the balcony and I could only see other people if they were leaning out too. But, the glass under the railing was tinted and didn't let in much sun.

If your purpose is to lay out in all your glory, :D go for it! If you want to get some color, try the funnel deck

If you are on the sunny side (even on a Fantasy Class Ship) you can get some sun. The Cat. 12 balconies on the Spirit Class are much larger and wider. The Destiny Class and Conquest Class have simialr balconies.

The privacy issue is subjective... If someone wants to look around a partition or through a crack I guess they could see something / someone!

it just really depends on what ship and what cat. room/suite you get. each class of ship throughout the various cruise lines has a different size/style balcony.

and tom makes a good point; there is enough privacy provided so that you can do what you wish on your balcony and not bother anyone else. although some partitions do a better job then others, in the 3 rooms that i've stayed in with some type of balcony we were able to engage in various activities without fear of someone seeing us unless they really tried hard. and in that case it just adds a little extra spice!

Are the partitions any better at a suite? We had an extended balcony on Miracle. Those partitons were opaque and similiar to a bathroom stall with open areas at the bottom and top. I read a tread on RCCL with folks talking about having sex on the balconies and I thought to myself those balconies must be better then they are on Miracle-I never would.

Since you can afford a suite have you thought about getting an airbrush tan?They look great- no danger of skin cancer or looking like a prune by the time you are 35 and if it did not cost $50 a session I sure would-unfortunately I am just middle class but if I had the pocket book I would go for it. They say that is what all the movie stars are doing now-they want to keep their skin looking good as long as possible so they no longer sunbathe or use tanning beds.

momofmeg ,

I think you might be misunderstanding the reason for most

of the post here. It's not really about sunbathing on a balcony.

it's about advertising that they want everyone to know they

about their private lives. Must be a high for deprived childhood!;)

if someone in an adjacent cabin desires to peek around (their problem!), they might just get an thrill... LEGEND HERE WE COME!:D

Tom

Exactly. Why would you want to see what you're "neighbor" was doing on the balcony anyway?

It depends..... You may have very little sun coming in if it's not on the top deck. You could have rooms or other balconies above you, so not enough direct sunlight to get an all over even tan. I'd ask your TA if a portion of the balcony is uncovered or not.

yep...Nailed another one Pholter!LOL

cat12 on Sensation was private....except for little slits in between the dividers.....and the 'railing' was actually a full wall up to mid-level...

so.. not a lot of light

Naw sgtmonz, just trying to make a point of why some folks like to tell about their private or unprivate lives.

How about making a sign or posting on the board. "Nude sunbathing and banging away 3:00, balcony 2589. Peep holes available, .25 for 1 minute. Pictures will be posted at photo gallery, $20 per copy";)

I agree with what the others have stated... If someone sticks their head around or looks through a reflection, than thats their problem.. But as a side note, if they are looking that hard, than they are trying to see.

We have a balcony and if we decide to spend some quiet time together on the balcony, than I think that is our business.

Legend here we come...

Archived