Noordam...cabin 7074...is it a connecting cabin?

wolfatlga

Greetings...

We just booked our Alaska cruise for Sept. of 2007 on the Noordam. Our travel agent said she called and they said it was not a connecting room to the cabin next door, even thou the website said it was...we were concerned that if a smoker was next door the smoke might leak thru..or sound..

Anyone ever stay there to confirm that it really is not connected?

Thanks...

I don't know if it's connecting or not, but maybe I can give you some reassurance.

If it is a connecting cabin there should be little to no problem regarding smoke or noise coming from the next cabin. There is adequate ventilation in the cabins that any smoke would not be going under the doors. There might be some noise if the TV were set loud, or if there was maybe an argument going on.

But then it might be fun to hear! :D

Your TA is incorrect - all she had to do was look at a deckplan to get her answer. Next time you see her, show her the little crosses on the deckplans outside the balconies - they mean that those are connecting rooms:

img_rt_deck_06.gif

The connecting doors in that category are in the entryway in place of the first wardrobe unit - the one adjacent to the entry door.

The doors are rather well sealed just like all other doors aboard ship - no space for fumes, flames, water, etc.

Unless the door is open, or your neighbors are INCREDIBLY loud (in which case, you'd probably hear them anyway...) it's a non-issue.

Actually it was HAL that told the TA that it was not a connecting room, she was told the website was not correct. Thanks for letting me know it's a non-issue anyway. I was thinking more about a hotel room we had with a connecting door, never again...lol..we're trying a get some friends of ours to go with us, so we'll put them next door!

Thanks...

Wolf

Archived