Mazatlan or Cabo "Day Passes" at Hotels?

GuyInLA

I feel like I remember people saying you could purchase a "day pass" at certain hotels, which would allow you to use a resorts pool, beach, etc for the day you're in port. Am I right? If so, any idea how to go about researching that? I've been googling to no avail. Thanks!

I do this in Puerto Vallarta at the Krystal Vallarta hotel. The encourage cruise passengers to spend the day (and hopefully some $$$ there:)) Actually, I've gone in free the two times we hung out by their pool all day. An easy walk from the ship.

I feel like I remember people saying you could purchase a "day pass" at certain hotels, which would allow you to use a resorts pool, beach, etc for the day you're in port. Am I right? If so, any idea how to go about researching that? I've been googling to no avail. Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico **Krystal Hotel-Massages/Pool also has a beach...Swim up pool bar .Make a Massage Appointment very reasonable @10 min. walk...take cab if it is hot out! Tell the fellow at the desk you are here to see Violet for a massage and there is no charge to get in....otherwise they will charge you $15 pp... put that $15 towards your massage.

Mazatlan, Mexico

**El Cid Castilla...nice hotel with pool.....*Shop at Terminal (cheaper)...Mazalan is the "shrimp capital"...Cliff Divers....Golden Zone..Shopping...Mecardo Market Touristy

**Melia San Lucas Resort...big cushion matreess to lay on...also in on beach....best way to get there is by Water Taxi but also by land cab. This hotel is one of the nicest in Mexico.....No cover charges at any of these hotel. Just buy a cocktail.

We stayed at the Melia...The one with the huge "beds" out front, nice pool. THe food is pricey....so we spent the day there and there's a wonderful mexican restaurant on the beach next door...best! Good prices too.

We did some shopping, took the glass bottom boat to the arches...then finished the day there. We gave them a time and they came back and got us and took us back to the tender.

My husband and I were there last week.

We did Krystal in PV, the Playa at Mazatlan, and Melia in Cabo. They are all beautiful but Melia was definately our favorite. They all take US dollars or credit/debit cards. Let me know if you have anymore questions or would like to see pics of the resorts. My email is mmr@jacksonfirm.com.

From what friends that travel there alot on cruise ships, the massage at the Krystal is $35usd per person or $70 per couple:) and are the best in the world. I have never tried it but they rave about is and have it on their schedule every time they cruise to Mexico and they cruise alot so they should know.

Have a great one whatever you decide to do.

Dorothy

Archived