New England/Canada cruise

Hoosiermama

I'm going on my first cruise to New England and Canada in October. I'll be on the Constellation, and I was wondering if it will be possible to see the land from the ship when we are out in the ocean. Are we going to be cruising too far out to see the coast? How about with binoculars? Thanks!

Kathy

I've done the NY to New England/Canada cruise twice. Until we get close to port, we've been too far out to see land. Also the North Atlantic can get fairly foggy so even if we were close at times, you couldn't see past the fog. Don't know about binoculars working on a clear day -- never took any. But they were wonderful trips -- enjoy! :)

Thanks for the answers everyone! I hadn't really thought about how far out the ship would be until my mom asked me last night. Many years ago she did a similiar cruise on a much smaller ship and she stayed pretty close to shore.

I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful first cruise and I am getting pretty excited!! First cruise AND first time visiting that part of our country!!

Kathy

Archived