NCL and Liquor

gg913

If you mean can I go to the ship's store and buy the tax free booze and take it directly to your room, the answer is no. It will be held for you usually until the last night of the cruise and then you can pick it up to pack for disembarkation. However, should you wish to buy a bar set-up for your cabin, you can order pretty much whatever you desire ahead of time through NCL, and it will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. The catch is, the bar set-up costs almost as much as you would pay by the drink in any of the ship's bars:eek:

If you mean can I go to the ship's store and buy the tax free booze and take it directly to your room, the answer is no. It will be held for you usually until the last night of the cruise and then you can pick it up to pack for disembarkation. However, should you wish to buy a bar set-up for your cabin, you can order pretty much whatever you desire ahead of time through NCL, and it will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. The catch is, the bar set-up costs almost as much as you would pay by the drink in any of the ship's bars:eek:

No it does not. It is much cheaper to get a bar set-up. This has been discussed many times before with math calculations by Shoreguy.:)

should you wish to buy a bar set-up for your cabin, you can order pretty much whatever you desire ahead of time through NCL, and it will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive.

I hadn't heard about this before. Can you also order any bottles of wine from the wine list and have them waiting for you in your room to have as part of the "bar" setup? That would be wonderful! Wiine is definitely our adult beverage of choice, especially on vacation. We were contemplating smuggling some "bladders" of wine onto the ship, but after debating the pros and cons, we've decided to just pay the piper. Not worth all the hassle. Plus we think it's possibly ethically wrong... even if NCL is ethically wrong for overcharging us... two wrongs don't make a right, right?

Now i'm just blathering...

9 days left! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I hadn't heard about this before. Can you also order any bottles of wine from the wine list and have them waiting for you in your room to have as part of the "bar" setup? That would be wonderful! Wiine is definitely our adult beverage of choice, especially on vacation. We were contemplating smuggling some "bladders" of wine onto the ship, but after debating the pros and cons, we've decided to just pay the piper. Not worth all the hassle. Plus we think it's possibly ethically wrong... even if NCL is ethically wrong for overcharging us... two wrongs don't make a right, right?

Now i'm just blathering...

9 days left! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It is too late to order either. 2 weeks before is the cut-off time. The wine costs the same if you order before or when you are on the cruise. You can order it from room service......buy it at any bar ........or at dinner.

Enjoy your cruise:D

I hadn't heard about this before. ...

New messag about booze comes up every 5.8 days. If you scan through the recent messages you will find a few threads talking about this. You can also do a search and find a few thousand message threads about liquor, wine, bar setup, etc.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
It is too late to order either. 2 weeks before is the cut-off time. The wine costs the same if you order before or when you are on the cruise. You can order it from room service......buy it at any bar ........or at dinner.

Enjoy your cruise:D

Not so, I called NCL 3 days before we sailed and had bar set up and 3 bottles of wine delivered to our suite. Call them, and find out.

Not so, I called NCL 3 days before we sailed and had bar set up and 3 bottles of wine delivered to our suite. Call them, and find out.

No real compelling reason to do so. You can order any wine on the wine list onboard and enjoy it in your cabin. Same price if you pre order or buy it by the bottle onboard.

Booze another story - at $40 for a liter ordered in advance - 6 to 8 drinks from the bar are the same price and you still have 15-20 remaining in the liter.

Can I purchase liquor on board and take it back to my room?

The others have answered your question about liquor from a duty free shop, but you can purchase a glass of your favorite alcoholic product and take it to your room. You can also purchase a bottle of wine on board to take to your room and even a "helmet" of beer bottles.

I read the bar setup thread and this thread and I still have a question......

This poster wanted to know if he can take his drinks to his cabin and that is yes for drinks, no for duty free alcohol. But what about taking your bar setup alcohol OUT OF YOUR ROOM?

I got a bar setup because I'm cheap, not because I enjoy drinking in my room. Can I take it out, for instance, by the pool and add it to my pops I'm getting with my pop card??? I don't see a rule on this on the NCL site.

Thanks for any information!

Not really: think about it? $40 for a liter of Johney Walker: I beleive a liter is about 34 oz; that is at least 16 drinks, devided by $2.50 per drink compared to $6.00 plus 15% in a bar. Maybe my math is wrong, I hope not. NMNita

Good news, they have always said 2 weeks prior to sailing. Even when I send gifts to cliants I have to order 2 weeks in advance, but I also thought, they might bend. I am sure they don't want to lose any money. NIta

Good news, they have always said 2 weeks prior to sailing. Even when I send gifts to cliants I have to order 2 weeks in advance, but I also thought, they might bend. I am sure they don't want to lose any money. NIta

Not really: think about it? $40 for a liter of Johney Walker: I beleive a liter is about 34 oz; that is at least 16 drinks, devided by $2.50 per drink compared to $6.00 plus 15% in a bar. Maybe my math is wrong, I hope not. NMNita

You would probably get at least 25 drinks the same strength as the bar

I read the bar setup thread and this thread and I still have a question......

This poster wanted to know if he can take his drinks to his cabin and that is yes for drinks, no for duty free alcohol. But what about taking your bar setup alcohol OUT OF YOUR ROOM?

I got a bar setup because I'm cheap, not because I enjoy drinking in my room. Can I take it out, for instance, by the pool and add it to my pops I'm getting with my pop card??? I don't see a rule on this on the NCL site.

Thanks for any information!

Sure you can but be sure and use a plastic glass or cup. And for the OP information, no cruise line will allow you to purchase and take bottles of duty free back to your cabin anymore. It used to a great way to enjoy your drinks and relax in your cabin. too bad they all stopped it. NMnita

Sure you can but be sure and use a plastic glass or cup. And for the OP information, no cruise line will allow you to purchase and take bottles of duty free back to your cabin anymore. It used to a great way to enjoy your drinks and relax in your cabin. too bad they all stopped it. NMnita

Thanks!

I was worried about that. I didn't want to get in trouble --- but I didn't want to keep running back in forth to my room. I'm trying to be lazy on this trip!!!! :rolleyes:

I agree with whomever said that a bottle is probably more like 25 drinks with the strength of their pours. I've watched on the one little short cruise I did. The pours were much less generous than what I'm used to.

Thanks!

I was worried about that. I didn't want to get in trouble --- but I didn't want to keep running back in forth to my room. I'm trying to be lazy on this trip!!!! :rolleyes:

I agree with whomever said that a bottle is probably more like 25 drinks with the strength of their pours. I've watched on the one little short cruise I did. The pours were much less generous than what I'm used to.

The intent is to have something to drink in your cabin. If we all show up poolside with a liter that is provided as a passenger courtesy this program will go away. If it is too much trouble to run back and forth to your cabin consider buying a drink poolside.

A little discretion and taking a drink with you from the cabin not a big deal in my mind. Sitting poolside ordering cokes on a soda card and pouring rum from the bar setup Will kill this just as fast as being able to bring your own.

I don't want to seem mean but don't ruin this for all of use because you are cheap.

In this case I have to take exception with Nita's advice.

The intent is to have something to drink in your cabin. If we all show up poolside with a liter that is provided as a passenger courtesy this program will go away. If it is too much trouble to run back and forth to your cabin consider buying a drink poolside.

A little discretion and taking a drink with you from the cabin not a big deal in my mind. Sitting poolside ordering cokes on a soda card and pouring rum from the bar setup Will kill this just as fast as being able to bring your own.

I don't want to seem mean but don't ruin this for all of use because you are cheap.

In this case I have to take exception with Nita's advice.

I agree with you (sorry Nita:o ) Please do not take private booze with you around the ship:( Tacky..........and the bar set-up will go away;)

Archived