Are there problems with the board again?

AstridSJ

I am having problems posting the last couple of days? Am I the only one?

I haven't read that anyone else having problems.

Astrid

There are times that the boards are very slow, white screens etc. but have been eventually able to post.

marilyn

I haven't had any problems with posting recently. No errors or white screens for me. I am finding things a little slower this evening but I'm working from a remote location.

The formatting pookie is referring to doesn't have anything to do with board speed or errors.

I'll check with our community manager to see if anyone else has been having any problems.

Hi Anne,

Last few days, I've had varying experiences: Slow to load Cruise Critic, slow access to User CP, very slow to load some (size didn't matter) Roll Calls, slower to post replies, replies disappearing (thank goodness I copy before saving :D), sometimes blank screens, other times "time out" messages. Since misery loves company, I'm glad to know it wasn't just me. Here's my log (I learned :D) of problem times (GMT-4):

• Sun Sep 10:- 1420 hrs, 1746 hrs, 2000 hrs to 2040 hrs;
  • Mon Sep 11:- 0410 hrs, 0440 hrs, 0600 hrs, 1400 hrs, 1530 hrs, 1600 hrs, 1930 hrs, 2140 hrs;
  • Tue Sep 12:- 0200 hrs, 0335 hrs, 0420 hrs, 2200 hrs;
  • Wed Sep 13: - 0130 hrs, 0440 hrs, 1537 hrs, 1600 hrs, 1649hrs, 1800 hrs.

Hope this helps.

Terry

P.S. I wondered if H. Florence was the problem, but I see it's not been limited to the East U.S. Coast and Ontario Canada.

Thanks, Terry for your update. I've asked Laura to drop by and give us any updates she might know about.
I appreciate that, Anne. BTW, I'm on broadband and there were no problems w/ our provider for past two weeks. There's lots of memory on my PC. Each time there has been an 'incident', I doublechecked all the usual suspects (cache, other program running at the same time, scheduled maintenance tasks, etc.). Everything was fine. I even went the route of pulling up other websites -- no delays. I guess they just aren't as popular as Cruise Critic :D

Terry

I'm with Terry, I also have a great internet connection, new computer, and I have no problems with other sites that have thousands of more activity than Cruise Critic, but nearly every day I have problems with this site.

Just now, at 8 AM in the morning I am having troubles. Slow opening of threads seems to the be biggest problem. Some days things are so slow I just give up and move on to something else. :(

I now am having the same problems as the above poster. It takes forever to connect to each forum. This a.m. could not even get into CC so backed out went to another site and then came back and then got in. I have now discovered when I see the word "done" on the bottom left-hand side of the screen I know it is of no use to even get into CC so I just back out.

Marilyn

Archived