Balcony guarantee - When do I find out which cabin

SandyR5

Hi - Just changed my cabin on our upcoming Millie cruise from 2B (balcony) to a balcony guarantee. Actually saved about $1400 a cabin!! :) Now, when would I find out what cabin we have? I assume we'll know when the docs come. Right? We have to have our cabin location on our luggage tags, so I assume we don't find out when boarding. Anyone with experience in guarantee cabins?

Hi Sandy,

Congrates on your savings:)

We sail on the Zenith 9/23. Last week they reopened oceanview guarantees, and we changed from an assigned cabin to a guarantee with a savings of $340. A day later, they had filled the guarantees, so we really lucked out on a short window of opportunity.

Anyway, a couple days after that we checked the info on mycelebrity account, and our new stateroom had been assigned. Did you complete the ExpressPass? Ours was automatically updated.

We will get new luggage tags at the pier, as our documents contain tags with our first cabin. We had a last minute upgrade a few years ago and tried to simply change the cabin number on the tags, but that didn't work well because they first delivered the luggage according to areas of the ship apparently denoted by color and we were in a far different part of the ship. Maybe when you get your new assignment, if it is in the same area, you can use a good Sharpie and make the change. When we didn't have our bags we easily tracked them down to the storage area of our original cabin, but this time we will ask for new tags.

Happy Sails to You!

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Sandy, I did the same yesterday morning and by yesterday evening they already had my cabin assigned. Go to Celebrity website and pull up your reservation their and you will see if it has been assigned yet.

Then today I called and had my cabin changed to 1 of those with the great big balcony on the side.

Hi - I did it just a few hours ago, but I will check "My Celebrity" often until I see the change. Now...are you saying you saw the change, didn't like it and then called Celebrity, not your agent, and had it changed again? Please explain. Whooo hooo! Our airfare is now free!!!

Archived