Amadeus Danube Oct 11

JudyPat

Let me clarify... My husband and I will be on this trip and it would be neat to know of some others who will be staying at Renaissance Hotel. We have booked some seats at Czech Symphony Orchestra for Saturday matinee and I'm trying to narrow down some sight-seeing excursions. We're really looking forward to this trip!

Hi amd,

Thanks for your good wishes. We booked flights thru Amadeus. Last year, for a Med cruise on Celebrity, our flights were very late and our luggage lost. We had booked thru the cruise line and they were very helpful in following up on our problems. We have become a little fearful of what might have happened if we were on our own. Others might give you a much different opinion tho.

We'll post our impressions of the trip on this site!

Judy/Pat, We booked our fare with Amadeus and this also includes the transfers. Last year we also took a Med cruise on the Celebrity Millennium 9/19 and returning home from Venice our flight was cancelled without notification a real horror show. ( we booked the tickets with FF mileage) It took us 24 hrs. to return home. Hopefully by booking with Amadeus we will have no glitches. We can't believe the price of airfare:mad: Our connecting flight to Prague is through Paris and we are debating whether to spend a few days seeing Paris. Spending so much on the airfare I think we should take advantage of Paris(never been there)...Do you have a direct flight? :confused:

Alice, We booked our trip May 30-June 10 on the Amadeus Amalegro with UET and they booked the fare with Amadeus . I understand that Amadeus blocks seats and we do have a choice regarding the scheduling. This also includes the transfers and I have checked with various airlines and will check periodically and if the price is really dramatically:( cheaper I will do the flights on my own.

Alice, We booked our trip May 30-June 10 on the Amadeus Amalegro with UET and they booked the fare with Amadeus . I understand that Amadeus blocks seats and we do have a choice regarding the scheduling. This also includes the transfers and I have checked with various airlines and will check periodically and if the price is really dramatically:( cheaper I will do the flights on my own.

That sounds good enough. If you decide to do your own air, what does that do to your contract with UET? Did you take the travel insurance? Is that with UET or Amadeus? Thanks for the info.

Alice, I sent a deposit for our trip and we haven't signed a contract. So I assume I can still look around for a cheaper airfare. We booked the travel insurance through UET it was $199.00 apiece. The advantage of booking with UET they will take of transfers, connections and hopefully any problems that might arise. I want this to be as stress free as possible so we will probably have Amadeus take care of the airfare even at a higher price. Good luck...Ann:)

Ann,

We will repeat your cruise on August 22. We talked to UET today and liked what we heard. We'll see how it works out. Friends are interested, too. I hope they like our choice.

You can keep me updated with your experience, since you go first. I think it sounds fabulous and I'm excited.

Archived