What do they serve in Cova?

blambition

We will be on the Zenith in two weeks and we were wondering what hours the Cova is open and exactly what type of lounge is it? Is it a bar or a coffee house that you buy Starbuck's type of coffee drinks?

Do they serve food? I have seen where they have great croissants at breakfast time, do you have to buy a coffee drink to get these?

Thanks for your answers.

Vicki

If the Cova on Zenith is the same as Cova on the Inifinty it's a small lounge, ours was overlooking the grand foyer. They served different types of coffees and expressos, but they are an extra charge. The snacks were free. The snacks changed through out the day. They had assorted pastries and croissants and even little finger sandwiches around tea time. We did find the service was very slow, they had one poor girl for the whole cafe. So we only had coffee once there. You do not have to buy the coffee to have any of the food. The food is on one side of the cafe and the coffee is on the other. You can eat and run if you want :-)

Thanks for the link to the menus! How about the regular coffee on the Zenith. I was on the Golden Princess last year and was very impressed with the food yet the coffee was just awful. I was even thinking of bringing the Folgers single packages for the dining room. That tells you I'm not that picky on coffee but I do enjoy a decent cup or several a day of decaf.

Again thanks for the replies and it looks like I will be cruising by the Cova.

Vicki

Do they have free regular coffee or just specialties?

Were is the best place on the Zenith to get early morning coffee? Buffet?

At the Cova Cafe, you have to purchase your coffee, hot chocolate, or tea. But you get a great piece of Cova Chocolate with your drink.

Now that does sound disappointing! I for was looking forward to those treats.

After hearing about the waffles they make at the back of the ship I'm hoping they have sugar free maple syrup. I would love to have the waffles or pancakes for breakfast one or two mornings. Dieting is for when you get back from a cruise not when you are on the trip.

quote by Happy Wanderer

"We were abaord the Century this summer. The staff at the Cova didn't have a clue. I had heard so many nice things about the Cova, so I was disappointed that on each trip past the Cova, which was smack dab in the middle of everything, we did not once see pastries or sandwiches or snacks"

So sorry about your poor experience. Cova has never served

sandwiches. It has always been a coffee bar with specialty

coffees and pastries..though the pastries usually...usually are

only served at certain times of the day. Morning and then

again in the 4ish time.

I haven't sailed Century since prior to her upgrade though.

Again, sorry about your disappointment.

After hearing about the waffles they make at the back of the ship I'm hoping they have sugar free maple syrup. I would love to have the waffles or pancakes for breakfast one or two mornings. Dieting is for when you get back from a cruise not when you are on the trip.

Hi, Cova has never served Waffles or Pancakes.

The waffles (in my opinion ) are fantastic though and you

can find them aft...behind the buffet up on the lido deck on

Zenith.:)

I believe the Cova charges for ALL drinks, including plain coffee (if they have it). They also serve some great coffee drinks with liquors in them and they also are a wine bar with a broader selection of some wines, maybe champagnes, and champagne cocktails that what is available at some of the other bars.

Pastries are served at set times in the morning and afternoons at times posted in the daily bulletin under "Daily Dining Choices". On our last cruise it was 8:30AM to 11AM (croissant & Danish) and 3pm to 5PM (Pastries). The afternoon pastries on the Summit are served at a Pastry bar on the opposite side of the ship from the Cova, but in the same general area. Thy had a nice selection of cookies and a few cakes available.

While their is a waiter or waitress serving tables they do get overwhelmed by volume afternoons when there is a musician playing, so service might be a little slow at these times. Table service is for coffee & drinks only, you need to get your own pastries at another counter.

I am pretty sure they have sugar free syrup, every cruise on every line I have been on has had it-sometimes though in the lido a fellow PAX will take off with it-so you have to ask one of the wait staff-if you do that-they will bring out another bottle.

We were abaord the Century this summer. The staff at the Cova didn't have a clue. I had heard so many nice things about the Cova, so I was disappointed that on each trip past the Cova, which was smack dab in the middle of everything, we did not once see pastries or sandwiches or snacks.

I was on a Celebrity cruise last year , as a many time repeat passenger, I knew how wonderful the Cova usually is. I was shocked, two staffers so busy talking they ignored me, no tablecloths, no menus, one small plate of 4 what appeared to be very stale danish. I got the staffs attention and asked for "tea " to be told "we do not serve tea"?????

Well to cut a long story short, I left written message for the officer1/C at the main desk, no action, next day asked to see him face to face, excuses, but I refused to go away.

Finally he agreed to meeet with me, we met, he refused to believe my complaint, so I insisted he came with me to the Cova. He agreed, you can guess the rest. Within an hour, the staff were changed, the tablecloths /menus were back, they were serving different kinds of tea, different kinds of coffee, and from then on the "goodies" bar was well stocked with plates and plates of fresh delights.

So if the Cova staff are making up their own rules in order to give themselves an easy time, insist on seeing their "boss"

That was the only time I have found that situation, always the Cova is place I go to many times during the cruise. If I had been a first timer I would have accepted the conditions and said "the Cova " is not the place to be. I am glad I knew "what should be what"

So sorry you did not have the opportunity to enjoy it on your trip

Archived