Anyone ordered bourbon from Ship's Services?

tooalto

After reading the "check your credit card thread" I looked mine over carefully when it came yesterday. I called SS on June 7th and ordered 4 bottles of wine for the dining room, dinner in the Pinnacle, and a bottle of the less expensive Jim Beam for our cabin. I was told the wine was "now $15 per bottle" which I had no problem with even though my downloaded gift order still showed $14. I asked about bourbon for the cabin and she gave me prices for 2 different lables of Jim Beam. I chose the less expensive at either $24 or $27 for the liter. I can't read my own scribble.

Anyway, when the bill came I was charged $140 for these items. Even at the stated $15 per bottle of wine this makes my bourbon $40.00, nowhere close to $24! Of course it's Sunday and I can't reach SS until tomorrow but I'd appreciate it if someone would ne kind enough to tell me what they paid for their bourbon.

A couple of questions:

2. Did you reserve dinner for 2 in the Pinnacle? If so that would be $40.00.

3. Four bottles of wine at $15.00 each = $60.00 +15% tip/tax/gratuity, whatever you want to call it.

4. One of two bottles of Bourbon? Add the 15% to that also.

The wine and 1 bottle of bourbon tith the 15% comes to $91.35. If you reserved dinner in the Pinnacle, add another $40.00 - $127.00. That is still less than the $140.00 you were charged.

I may be wrong. Someone else may know the answer to this.

Call Ships Services and ask them to explain the charge to you.

I preordered 3 bottles of wine for my Maasdam trip a few weeks ago, and I don't believe I was charged 15% on the wine. I am having a hard time understanding why they would be charging a 15% service charge on the pre-ordered alcohol. Is this something new??? I did tip the wine steward.

Marie

I ordered a liter bottle of Tangeray (spelling) and a liter bottle of Crown Royal from SS last week and the prices quoted on the phone were the same as when I checked my Discovercard bill online. I believe the gin was 37 and the CR was 40. I know this is on the steep side price wise but they are liter bottles.

Hope this answers your question.

"2. Did you reserve dinner for 2 in the Pinnacle? If so that would be $40.00.

3. Four bottles of wine at $15.00 each = $60.00 +15% tip/tax/gratuity, whatever you want to call it.

4. One of two bottles of Bourbon? Add the 15% to that also.

The wine and 1 bottle of bourbon tith the 15% comes to $91.35. If you reserved dinner in the Pinnacle, add another $40.00 - $127.00. That is still less than the $140.00 you were charged. "

I wasn't told the gratuity would be added at the time of purchase; it should be added when the wine is served in the dining room. After all, the gratuity is for the service, not the product. If I sent a bottle of wine to a guest as a bon voyage gift, I wouldn't be charged the gratuity on that I should hope! I ordered just one bottle of bourbon and dinner for 2.

Thanks for the replies and any more help that comes along. I'll post what happens when I call ship's services tomorrow.

:D Happy to say that they did not charge me %15. ONE THING THAT I DO TRY AND KEEP IN MIND WHEN DEALING WITH OTHERS IS THE FOLLOWING:

":D COURTESY IS CONTAGIOUS":D I always had this posted above the time clock for the employees. It does work believe me.;)

Aren`t you able to order liquors from room service anymore? on our April/May cruise there was a list in the cabin that you could order from. The prices quoted on this thread are flabbergasting to say the least. On the room service list, Jim Beam is $12, Crown Royal $19.20 and Tanqueray is $15.55. I have the list if anyone needs to check prices. Maybe someone back from a recent cruise could enlighten us as to whether you can still order through room service...jean

:)

Leslie - yes, that was the information that we wanted. Thank you.

Jean - we were able to order a bottle of absolut from room service when we were on the Maasdam in May. The price was $25 for the liter - nothing went with it. We did get a list of prices when we were on the Oosterdam in Feb/Mar but this time we didn't. Just called and ordered it.

:)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I emailed Karen Merriam and had the problem solved in a short time. They had mistakenly put 3 bottles on merlot on the order instead of only 2. Jim Beam was $25, only a dollar more than our State Store. The only funnthing was they showed the first bottle of wine being delivered on 8/27, the day before we sail! I emailed that back to Ms. Merriam and she said all bottles were scheduled to be delivered in the DR on8/28 but we can work out with our wine steward what we want and when. Four bottles for our dinner on 8/28 would make for one heck of a sailaway!

Thanks again for your help

Archived