Millennium Handicap Cabin 7141

campingman

For our forthcoming 14 day Millennium cruise we have just been allocated Handicap Cabin 7141.

We booked a guarantee balcony and have been given this allocation.

Though happy with the larger space i have noted that on the Celebrity site deck plans that there is no sofa in this cabin.

We always enjoy time in our cabin and the solitude of gazing out to sea from our sofa/Settee

Not sure about this cabin i phoned the Captains Club/Celebrity and they assured me it had a sofa and advised me to keep this spacious cabin.

Of course there is always the risk that a handicaped person may appear on the horizon and i will be politely reallocated before our sailing.

Can anyone confirm if there is a Sofa/Settee in Millennium handicap cabin 7141?

A disabled person will not be given your cabin. You have already booked, it so it no longer appears on the rolls as available, so the person with a real disability will not be able to book this cruise. Tell the cruise line you want a non-accessible cabin if you don't need one.

A disabled person will not be given your cabin. You have already booked, it so it no longer appears on the rolls as available, so the person with a real disability will not be able to book this cruise. Tell the cruise line you want a non-accessible cabin if you don't need one.

If a pax requires a accessible cabin on my sailing they simply have to present themselves with the correct medical documentation and i will be removed pronto.Celebritys Motto. "We look after after you famously".I do not have any medical documentation to hold this cabin if im requested to leave.

My sailing appears to have many, still unbooked accessible cabins available and final balances have already been invoiced and paid.

I have replyed to your posting which has nothing to do with my query.

For goodness sake it's 8 weeks before we go on the cruise. What is the cruise line supposed to do? Leave all unbooked disabled unbooked cabins empty until we sail, just in case a disabled person want's to book the cruise at the very last minute? Thats ridiculous and financial suicide for the cruise line to do so. Logically at this very late point it's in the cruise lines interest to sell all cabins and get as much revenue back as possible.

Leaving selling off the disabled cabins until 8 weeks before departure seems fair, and has given all potential disabled passengers a very good chance of booking the cruise.

Now lighten up and stop having a go at someone for daring to ask a sensible question.

Happy cruising......

Ian

For our forthcoming 14 day Millennium cruise we have just been allocated Handicap Cabin 7141. We booked a guarantee balcony and have been given this allocation.

People....stop beating up on the OP. The OP booked a guarantee balcony and Celebrity assigned them a cabin albeit a handicap cabin. They did not ask for it initially. Remember when you book a guarantee you get what they give you sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, you take your chance.

OP also states there are still other handicap cabins available. I say enjoy the larger cabin and bathroom.

Archived