Zuiderdam VA Question

Capt. & Teach

We just received our docs, and were upgraded from VC to VA. It is located at the stern. Does anyone have any information concerning the verandah's at the stern? We are on the Zuiderdam for a 21 day Panama Cruise and are hoping to learn more about our cabin before the cruise.

We would apreciate any information that anyone has.

Thankyou in advance.

Capt. & Teach

We just received our docs, and were upgraded from VC to VA. It is located at the stern. Does anyone have any information concerning the verandah's at the stern? We are on the Zuiderdam for a 21 day Panama Cruise and are hoping to learn more about our cabin before the cruise. We would apreciate any information that anyone has. Thankyou in advance.

Capt. & Teach

WOW... 21 days in a wake cabin... you are so lucky! Depending on your deck, you'll have a veranda that's 2 to 3 times as deep as the VC on the side, and your views are spectacular! Deck 8 is the only one with covered verandas. On other decks the only shade you'll get is from the partitions when the sun is to the side of the ship.

My sig below has links to various Vista cabins... Zuidy is our favorite ship!

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

We just received our docs, and were upgraded from VC to VA. It is located at the stern. Does anyone have any information concerning the verandah's at the stern? We are on the Zuiderdam for a 21 day Panama Cruise and are hoping to learn more about our cabin before the cruise.

We would apreciate any information that anyone has.

Thankyou in advance.

Capt. & Teach

Hi,

if you have a 5 (normally must be) as starting number of your cabin we will be neighbors for the cruise. :)

we also get an upgrade from va und we are glad to be in this cabin more space on the outside. :cool:

If you like to contact us just sent an email ;)

best regards lastminute

The aft/wake cabins have to be the best, IMO. I have sailed in VAs on both the sides and aft, but always try to book aft when they are available. On Deck 4 you will feel some vibration when the ship is moving but I always find that after a few hours, you don't even notice it.

How much motion or vibration is there in those wake cabins? Anyone have any suggestions how to pack for three weeks (starting with the cold weather in Vancouver, Oregon and San Francisco) to the warm weather after that? plus the fact that you have to have formal, semi formal and casual clothes for that length of time). What kind of closet or storage room is in those cabins? The longest I have been on a cruise before is 12 days--no problem with that but 21 days requires more. Anyone who has been in those cabins--is there room under the bed to put a suitcase (opened flat) for storage? I am looking at my extra bedroom and saying to myself "no way is it all going to fit into 2 suitcase (26 inch). This is the week that I have to start "weeding" out the things that I don't really need. I think that I am more concerned with storage in the cabin for our things than hauling the suitcases. Any ideas? Judi

Judi, yes your suitcases should fit under the bed. Perhaps you'll even be able to close them---depending on how deep they are. If one (or more) won't fit just ask your cabin steward to store the piece(s) until it's time to pack.

As far as what to take goes I suggest layering for daytime. Have a windbreaker and maybe one sweatshirt or sweater. Something that does double-duty day/night (like a cartigan sweater) is good. Remember for evening that you can always encore your fabulous outfits! :D Twenty-one evenings doesn't have to mean twenty-one changes of clothes.

Can you cut down on shoes? :eek: Yes, I said cut down on shoes. :rolleyes: Cute shoes and strappy sandles are a joy, but they become a lot to carry. One basic black and one taupe/bone should match just about everything for night.

I've done 30+ day cruises on two suitcases, and did a 22-day around South America (hot/humid-cold/blustery-back to hot/humid) on one suitcase. It takes planning and a willingness to wear your clothes more than once.

You ought to write a book on packing!!!! I know you are right about what you actually need but that temptation is there to throw in "those strappy sandels" for that special outfit. I am organizing now and working out what things can be worn with each other. Sounds like you have had some wonderful cruising and we are looking forward to the same. Thanks for the info. Judi

Lastminute, there is another site called roll call. Click on it, then Zuiderdam and then September 28, 2006 cruise. Here you will find other people that will be on our cruise. We are planning to meet in the Crow's Nest on Saturday at 4:00 PM. We will be wearing name tags to identify our selves.

We are booked one level below you on the Upper Promendade Deck.

Stopped in Hamburg on a PRincess cruise. Very interesting city. Thanks for the Hamburgers, since that is where they orginated according to our guide.

Looking foreward to meeting you.

Capt. & Teach

Archived