Philadelphia - Flight times?

HRHMadonna

Just a 10-15 minute ride from airport to the Navy Yard where the ships dock. Probably cab ride or shuttle if available. I would say depends on the airline you are flying with regards to what time to get to the airport. US airways has it's hub in Philly...........always has long lines. Allow for security check, takes a fairly long time in Philly.

Have fun

If you can, check out the city.........great things to do

I love Philly

(Bucks County Girl) about 30 minutes northeast of the city

Jodi

I don't know how fast the Empress has been disembarking passengers or reuniting them with their luggage. Wrona is right about Philadelphia International Airport. Because of USAir, we have one of the the worst on-time records of the country's major airports.

As for transportation between hotel and ship or ship and airport, just grab a cab. It's the fastest and most worry-free option. The port is VERY close to the airport. (the airport is practically on the Delaware River, same river at which the ship docks).

And jrmomof4 is right! Philadelphia is a wonderful place to visit, full of amazing American history, neat shops, wonderful restaurants, and great "street food".

And jrmomof4 is right! Philadelphia is a wonderful place to visit, full of amazing American history, neat shops, wonderful restaurants, and great "street food".

I miss the food trucks! And the cheesesteaks! And the pretzels!

If everything goes smoothly, it's a quick process to disembark, shuttle to the luggage area, and hop in a cab. We were off and on the road by 8:45. However, be aware that delays do happen in which weather could effect the time of arrival. Best bet is book later and if you arrive earlier, take an early flight. Many times they don't charge you for the change. It's better than missing a flight. I drove to Philly from Cincy and stayed at the airport overnight. It's only a few exits away from the airport.

Archived