Hotel recommendation in Port Canaveral..

Riley0214

Has anyone stayed near the port and have any recommendations for me?

We stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach. It is beautilful, right on the beach and only about a 10 minute drive to the port. Use Hotwire.com and pick any 3 or 4 star hotel in Cocoa Beach and you can't go wrong.

Others I know choose to stay in Titusville on the other side of the port. Just a slightly longer drive or cab ride, but a little bit better rates.

If you are driving, don't get caught up in the paid parking at some of the hotels. They charge you just a little less than parking at the Port and then you have to wait on the shuttles at disembarking. This can be a pain if you are a late color tag. Just pay the $70, park a the port and be happy.

we have reservations for the QUALITY SUITES on saturday night. i hope the room is good. its supposed to have a bedroom with a king bed and a living room with a queen pull out couch. it was only $89.00 and you can drive to their sister property (the radisson) and park there and ride the shuttle for free to the ship! so even if the room isnt the greatest we definitely saved money because we wont have to pay to park at the port! if you go to mapquest.com and type in driving directions to any hotel in port canaveral or cocoa beach they usually bring up a whole list of other hotels with numbers you can call. thats what i did!

We have stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port and the new (this year) Residence Inn. Both are about a mile away, offer shuttle service, parking at the hotel during your cruise, and hot breakfast. Both have reasonable room rates and are very clean.

Hi, We're staying at the Residence Inn in a few weeks when we cruise. Can you tell me how it was? Do you recall what time the earliest shuttle left, and did they charge extra to park your car there?

Thanks so much!

Tammy

We stayed at the Residence Inn in June and will again in Dec. It is a very nice hotel, new, hot breakfast. The shuttles leave at 11,11:30, and 12. The shuttle cost is $6 pp. They were waiting for us when we got off the ship. It did not cost wxtra to park.

we have reservations for the QUALITY SUITES on saturday night. i hope the room is good. its supposed to have a bedroom with a king bed and a living room with a queen pull out couch. it was only $89.00 and you can drive to their sister property (the radisson) and park there and ride the shuttle for free to the ship! so even if the room isnt the greatest we definitely saved money because we wont have to pay to park at the port! if you go to mapquest.com and type in driving directions to any hotel in port canaveral or cocoa beach they usually bring up a whole list of other hotels with numbers you can call. thats what i did!

We stayed at Quality Suites in February before our Mariner cruise. The room was very nice - spacious and clean and priced right. The breakfast that is included was not the greatest, but they did have cereal, juice, coffee and packaged sweet rolls. We'd stay there again.

We highly recommend the Residence Inn. It is new, immaculate, all-suites, free internet hookup or access, full breakfast included, friendly staff and service, nice pool, reasonably priced, etc. The only drawback is that it isn't directly on the ocean (just a short drive of a few blocks away) and there's a lot of construction going on in the area so views on some sides aren't that great. We had a two bedroom suite for only $149/night.

The hotel staff referred us to an inexpensive family-style restaurant that is popular with locals rather than tourists which was awesome. It's called A NY Pizza House and it's localted on A1A and Rt 520. It was delicious food at an excellent value (our bill was $24 for 5 people - pizza, specialty salad and soft drinks - they also have a dinner menu with the usual Italian dishes which is very reasonably priced).

I am about to book my hotel in Port Canaveral as well. I was looking at Residence Inn, Radisson and Country Inns & Suites. I decided on County Inn & Suites - they seemed to be the lowest and do have a cruise parking and shuttle package. I also heard they were the closest to the port.

We stayed at Quality Suites in February before our Mariner cruise. The room was very nice - spacious and clean and priced right. The breakfast that is included was not the greatest, but they did have cereal, juice, coffee and packaged sweet rolls. We'd stay there again.

THANK YOU! i was a little nervous about booking because im not famaliar with the port canaveral area at all so that makes me feel better! also-do they give you some kind of ticket or pass or something that shows you stayed there so that they let you park at the radisson and get on the shuttle?

I second Daivd - Liz"s choice. We stayed at Hilton in Cocoa Beach and loved every second of it. It was a nice short drive back to port and the bedding was to die for! I could have slept for days ( I was a little jet lagged too!). It has a great breakfast buffet right in the hotel! I have looked at maybe going back to stay there even for a land vacation! Enjoy:D

Archived