sea miles card

jean0151

Anyone know the particulars of the travel ins. included if you book your cruise with this card? I've been told you have full coverage including any carnival excursions booked. thanx.

You would be best served by contacting them directly and getting the language, policies can vary wildly, with many exclusions attached, you need to read the fine print yourself.

First I've heard of this. Of course, I was told a number of things before I got the card that turned out to be untrue. Start with the fact that it takes twice as many points as some other cards to get the same benefit. Anything they tell you, get in writing or it means nothing!

Yea all that they say is not true. When I swapped over from capital 1 checked into using my points or transferring. They said I could get ocean view Alaska for 100,000 for 2. When I got to the 100,000 they said that I could only get one. I had to end up using 130,000 for 4a carribean and pay for upgrade to ocean view. Free cruise is nice but I could have used other cards and for same points and been in a balconey next week without paying for an upgrade. Cancelling card as soon as I get home and get another one. It took a lot of years to get this. Wish they would go back to the old system with Capital 1... ez:cool:

Yea all that they say is not true. When I swapped over from capital 1 checked into using my points or transferring. They said I could get ocean view Alaska for 100,000 for 2. When I got to the 100,000 they said that I could only get one. I had to end up using 130,000 for 4a carribean and pay for upgrade to ocean view. Free cruise is nice but I could have used other cards and for same points and been in a balconey next week without paying for an upgrade. Cancelling card as soon as I get home and get another one. It took a lot of years to get this. Wish they would go back to the old system with Capital 1... ez:cool:

Yep, those of us who have had the "Carnival card" since its beginning are truly disappointed with the way it has declined over the years. And while free is free...as you said, there are much better programs out there, if folks are willing to do their homework.

I dont like the card either. I have around 150,000 points and I need around 280,000 for a free 7 day for my wife and myself, for a balcony. Getting double points on carnival its still around $140,000 dollars you need to spend on the card, for a $3,000 dollar cruise

I got the card when they made the switch from Capital One, I use my card for every day purchases and since then, I booked the Valor by redeeming 45,000 points and that lowered the price of the cruise to 249.00 pp. My next 7 day 2008 cruise will be free, it starts at 62,000 to 80,000 points.

Before I got the SeaMiles card I used other cards that didn't pay squat, zilch, nothing. Now at least I can earn points to go on a free cruise.

I have no complaints with SeaMiles, they are very professionals and surely not a Fly By Night company because I have used them already and can't wait to use them again.

Fred

I use cards that give cash back. Then I can use that cash how I like. I usually get $600 - $700 back each year. No fees. I pay off monthly, so no interest charges either.

I like the Idea of the Cash back if it earned 3% to 5%, Whats a good card out there that gives good Cash Back?

Fred

I like the Idea of the Cash back if it earned 3% to 5%, Whats a good card out there that gives good Cash Back?

Fred

Yeah, I would be very interested to know also. I just booked a cruise thru Seamiles and I talked to 3 different salespeople there and got 3 different responses. It took quite a bit of time and effort, but I finally got a decent deal. I could have gotten a better deal from other sites, but I had to use Seamiles to get $ 500 off. I'm looking for cash back rebates also so I can book wherever I choose!!

Yeah, I would be very interested to know also. I just booked a cruise thru Seamiles and I talked to 3 different salespeople there and got 3 different responses. It took quite a bit of time and effort, but I finally got a decent deal. I could have gotten a better deal from other sites, but I had to use Seamiles to get $ 500 off. I'm looking for cash back rebates also so I can book wherever I choose!!

500.00 off your cruise is a good chunk of change. What were the 3 different responses you got? When I go to the SeaMiles Website it shows you what cruises are worth in points. There are 2 Icons you can select. The first one says Redeem your points and the other says Book a free cruise.

Fred

Fred

Citicard Cash rewards.

I do get 3% to 5% cash back on groceries and gasoline... and I think hotels. The rest gets 1%.

My last statement, I averaged 2.7% cash back on a $2,500 statement.

Straight cash... to spend how I want.

I don't remember any black-out periods on Cash... :D

I also occationally use Discover... and I get a few $ back from them too.

Fred!

If you want to get the best deal at Sea miles you must talk to an agent. The first person I talked to give me a decent price, but I wanted to check around some more. He gave my a price of about $1700 for a balcony for 2 on the Legend, add the $500 back into it and the actual cost of the cruise was $2200.

I had actual quotes for the exact same cruise, same 8H that Seamiles quoted me, for $1890 from another agency. I called the guy at Seamiles back but could get ahold of him right away, so I talked to some other guy. He gave me a price of $2100 and some change, that included the $550 off that I was suppose to receive. I told him I got the price of $1700 from another guy at his company and he told me that guy was new and didn't have the authority to make those kind of deals.

I called back later and talked to a lady and she was willing to work with me on the price and she told me Seamiles would beat any deal from any other agency. I gave her the quote of $1890 and the agency name for her to call. She called, while I was holding, she came back and gave me a different price that the other agency quoted me. While I waited for her to come back, I went the the web site of the agency that I gave her and put in the numbers for a qoute and sure enough the same price came back. I told her that I was at the web site right then and the price they quoted her was incorrect and the price I gave he was the same as I was looking at on the website. She told me to hold on again and went to the web site, came back a minute later and said she could give me the cruise for $1750. I told her I'd think about it.

I let a couple days pass and called back the first guy I talked to, told him I wanted to book and wanted a firm price, he came back with $1689.93, taxes, port charges, everything included. He did try to press me to get the travel insurance, but I opted not to!!

Most of the bigger sites I went to quoted a price of $2100 for everything. If you deduct the $500 I would be getting from Seamiles, the price should have been $1600. Seamiles jack the price up so that what ever money you save from your points is really less in real dollars spent!!

All I can say is that if you want to barter for a good deal, make sure that you have written quotes in front of you when you talk to them and to make sure you compare the same catagory of room!

I know this is kind of long and rambling, but I hope it helps!!:)

Citicard Cash rewards.

I do get 3% to 5% cash back on groceries and gasoline... and I think hotels. The rest gets 1%.

My last statement, I averaged 2.7% cash back on a $2,500 statement.

Straight cash... to spend how I want.

I don't remember any black-out periods on Cash... :D

I also occationally use Discover... and I get a few $ back from them too.

Venture

I looked at them, but it seems as if the 3% and 5% are only good for the first year!!

I want to thank you Jerry, for giving us the "meat and Potatoes" of the deal. I don't know about all of you, but none of this was discussed when I signed up. I am older, and I didn't expect much, but I expected them to offer free cruises, and at least a few other things. I have only had my card for less than a year, and they told me about using it to get on board credit, gifts etc. None of that was true, as far as I can tell.

For those who are reading this, and are thinking of applying, let me also say that my interest rate is 16% and I have great credit. That means you have to be prepared to pay it off every month. They have also changed my grace period a couple of times, and if I had not been watching, they would have charged me interest.

It just does not feel right, now that I have sat down and figured how many years it would take to get that free cruise.

Thanks to all for the info. This is where cruise boards come in handy, and if we can inform others about what we know, then someone else might not have to worry about it.

Luanne

I want to thank you Jerry, for giving us the "meat and Potatoes" of the deal. I don't know about all of you, but none of this was discussed when I signed up. I am older, and I didn't expect much, but I expected them to offer free cruises, and at least a few other things. I have only had my card for less than a year, and they told me about using it to get on board credit, gifts etc. None of that was true, as far as I can tell.

For those who are reading this, and are thinking of applying, let me also say that my interest rate is 16% and I have great credit. That means you have to be prepared to pay it off every month. They have also changed my grace period a couple of times, and if I had not been watching, they would have charged me interest.

It just does not feel right, now that I have sat down and figured how many years it would take to get that free cruise.

Thanks to all for the info. This is where cruise boards come in handy, and if we can inform others about what we know, then someone else might not have to worry about it.

Luanne

I feel if you have a card that doesen't give you anything, Than the sea miles card is a good card. At least you get something.

If you are interested in a cruise rewards card that gives the same benefit for half the points that Seamiles requires, check into the MBNA Cruise Rewards Card. Biggest drawback is that points begin to expire after 24 months. They only require 25,000 points to earn a $500 discount, while Seamiles requires 50,000 points for the same discount.

I got the SeaMiles credit card in June 2005. I have about 40000 points and figure by 2008 I should have about 120,000 points and that shoud be enough for a free cruise for two. I pay it off every month so the high interest charges do not bother me. I only use one pay off in full credit card at a time. Most of those cash back cards have a max they will give you in a cash reward.

The way I look at it ..if I got 300-400$ every year I would blow it on something small. This way I get a cruise that will be even sweeter since it is free.

If it will help, I can pass on the info I have received on the cruise I wanted, to give everyone an idea. For the Conquest June 10 07 for the lowest priced cabin is 88,385. For the suite it is 177,681. What I don't know is if that is for one person or two.

Luanne

If it will help, I can pass on the info I have received on the cruise I wanted, to give everyone an idea. For the Conquest June 10 07 for the lowest priced cabin is 88,385. For the suite it is 177,681. What I don't know is if that is for one person or two.

Luanne

Thats for 2, also what I do is book the lowest cabin at 62k to 88k but make it guarantee for the upgrade, Or book the Top Secret Cat 1a on the Conquest class, like I did on the Valor.:D

Another question I have is what about these guys after the sale. Has anyone had any problems, after being booked, and were they there for you? Plus, This is Carnival Miles, but it is Juniper Bank. Are they also in the travel business, or is that another company?

Luanne

Another question I have is what about these guys after the sale. Has anyone had any problems, after being booked, and were they there for you? Plus, This is Carnival Miles, but it is Juniper Bank. Are they also in the travel business, or is that another company?

Luanne

I had nothing but Great Outstanding Service from the SeaMiles Reps, I even called them back on a few issues like ensuring they added me to the VIP list because of my CVC Membership and there was no problems what so ever. When I arrived on the Valor the CVC staff knew I was coming.

As for Juniper Bank, you would have to call them directly to find out if they have a travel business department.

Fred

Archived