Parking your car at the post...

St.Love

Port parking is independant of the cruise lines, most are operated by the local port authority. You can check their sites online to find the information about rates. Most take credit cards, and advance reservations, too. Here is the FAQ link for Tampa: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals__Parking__Directions_PORT_OF_TAMPA.aspx

Its usually $10-12 a day, which is insane IMHO. I'm trying a 1/2 price parking service w/ shuttle in Miami next month. They're supposed to start something like that in Tampa too. I'd rather spend the money on something other than parking!

And they don't even wash your car! Try to stay at a hotel with free shuttle and free parking.

But, the fee usually for this is their rack room rate, which in the long run, usually comes out to be about $5 cheaper after taxes and all that than parking your car at the pier and having the convenience of just touching your baggage twice...once getting it out of the car, and once getting it back in.

We checked all over Port Canaveral for the Park and Cruise rates...geez! At $125 a night, plus taxes which brings it to around $140...I can stay at a cheaper hotel up the road about five miles away and come out ahead and have my car conveniently there.

$12 a day is worth it to me to have my car there, not have cars pulling in and out next to it for a week and unsecured.

Archived