Aloha and We're Off To The Island!!

Elua

Aloha All,

Well, vacation has gone quickly, and now we sit in PBI waiting for our flight to LA. Well be joining the Island Princess on Thursday morning, and can't wait to get back to entertaining all the passengers again. We have brought along a small part, (say, 15 of 50) of my aloha shirt collection, and Faline has brought some of her hula implements and some beautiful, (but artificial) leis for stage decoration. We are really looking forward to this run.

We also thank you for your patience with the website, and right now, there is some progress, with some pics and some video/music. Follow this link:http://www.eluamusic.com/index.htm There is still alot to add, including our version of ITunes, where you can get our music, either by the CD, or by the song.

So, as always feel free to write us at eluamusic@aol.com, or use the link on the website, and we'll be reporting in from time to time as well.

Malama Pono,

David (They now call me Kawika)

Faline

AKA Elua

Aloha All,

Well, vacation has gone quickly, and now we sit in PBI waiting for our flight to LA. Well be joining the Island Princess on Thursday morning, and can't wait to get back to entertaining all the passengers again. We have brought along a small part, (say, 15 of 50) of my aloha shirt collection, and Faline has brought some of her hula implements and some beautiful, (but artificial) leis for stage decoration. We are really looking forward to this run.

We also thank you for your patience with the website, and right now, there is some progress, with some pics and some video/music. Follow this link:http://www.eluamusic.com/index.htm There is still alot to add, including our version of ITunes, where you can get our music, either by the CD, or by the song.

So, as always feel free to write us at eluamusic@aol.com, or use the link on the website, and we'll be reporting in from time to time as well.

Malama Pono,

David (They now call me Kawika)

Faline

AKA Elua

Aloha guys!!! wish we were sailing with u.

Great job on the website Faline, watched a couple of videos last eve and pretended!! hugs Barb and Kelvin

• 11 months later...

Hello There -

We are so glad to hear you are now on the Diamond sailing to our favorite place. We heard you last year on the Island to Hawaii and are hoping we will see you again when we sail this December. Hopefully, you will be on our cruise leaving LA on December 3rd??

Perhaps you can answer a couple of questions for us. Last year my hubby took the Ukulele lessons offered on board. He ended up buying a ukuklele in Honolulu!!! Do you know if those classes are being offered on the Diamond on our December 3rd cruise? And can you tell us who the CD will be?

Mahalo for your replies and Aloha!

Hello There -

We are so glad to hear you are now on the Diamond sailing to our favorite place. We heard you last year on the Island to Hawaii and are hoping we will see you again when we sail this December. Hopefully, you will be on our cruise leaving LA on December 3rd??

Perhaps you can answer a couple of questions for us. Last year my hubby took the Ukulele lessons offered on board. He ended up buying a ukuklele in Honolulu!!! Do you know if those classes are being offered on the Diamond on our December 3rd cruise? And can you tell us who the CD will be?

Mahalo for your replies and Aloha!

Bucky, he said they're going on to the Island, not the Diamond. We'll be on the Diamond October 4th, so perhaps I'll be able to answer some of your questions.

Pia

Bucky, he said they're going on to the Island, not the Diamond. We'll be on the Diamond October 4th, so perhaps I'll be able to answer some of your questions.

Pia

Pia,

Dave posted this a year ago. He and Faline are indeed on the Diamond right now and really looking forward to sailing the islands. They will be onboard for 10 months - look for them by the pool.;)

Pia,

Dave posted this a year ago. He and Faline are indeed on the Diamond right now and really looking forward to sailing the islands. They will be onboard for 10 months - look for them by the pool.;)

Will do. How strange for this post to pop up a year later on the exact same date.

Pia - What a kick! It's my doing! I made that old post resurface! I searched for the "Elua" screen name and also remembered reading on some thread during the last couple of months that they would be on the Diamond. I guess I overlooked the ship name and date of that old post when I replied! Sorry about that, but hope Elua will chime in here and set us all straight. We look forward to your Diamond Princess cruise reports, Pia. Aloha Everyone!

Aloha All,

I thought my ears were burning!! Writing today from Kona, at our favorite coffee/internet/pastry hangout...which is our secret hideaway. I would tell you all where it is, but I'd have to....well, you know the rest!! LOL It's the first time on Kona for the Diamond this season, and so far so wonderful. Now to the business at hand.

We will be on here until the end of the season, (May 1) so we're in for the long haul. Right now, the CD is Lee Childers. He came on the same day we did, so if the four month guideline stays true, there should be a new CD in December. Not sure who it will be, but I did hear a rumour that it might be David Bradshawe. We have not worked with him yet, and of course, as I always say in cruising, until I see someone walking up the gangway, I'm never sure if they're coming.

As far as ukulele lessons, I am pretty sure they will be having them. Matter of fact, there's a chance that Faline and I will be doing the classes. Nothing written in stone, but it might happen.

It has been a wonderful cruise for us so far, playing up on the deck as the Hawaiian band. For those who don't know, we're usually in the Wheelhouse, doing the evening gig, but by virtue of Faline's heritage, and my previous experience in So Florida, doing the tiki bar and "Buffett-y" thing, we are now the outside band for the daytimes. Back to aloha shirts and shorts. Our Hawaiian CD should be out soon as well. Just putting the finishing touches on it.

So, feel free to put any questions my way, I'll do my best to answer them when I can.

Aloha and A Hui Ho,

Dave

Elua

Aloha All,

I thought my ears were burning!! Writing today from Kona, at our favorite coffee/internet/pastry hangout...which is our secret hideaway. I would tell you all where it is, but I'd have to....well, you know the rest!! LOL It's the first time on Kona for the Diamond this season, and so far so wonderful. Now to the business at hand.

So, feel free to put any questions my way, I'll do my best to answer them when I can.

Aloha and A Hui Ho,

Dave

Elua

Aloha Dave.....and thanks. We'll be seeing you aboard next week when we embark on Oct. 4th. We're meeting friends in Kona (they live there) so perhaps a hint at the coffee/internet cafe......hmmmmmm? :) They most likely will know what/where anyway. We'll be sure to stop and say hello; you'll remember me as the one who wanted to know about your secret hideaway.

Pia

Aloha, Dave, and thanks for stopping by! We'll look forward to your deck music although we usually use the aft pool during the day. I assume you will be at the main pool?? I know we'll miss your evening music in the Wheelhouse. Hope you push for the Uke lessons. Hubby is looking forward to that and so is someone else on our December 3rd roll call. Mahalo for dropping in here to keep all of the Diamond's future Hawaii cruisers up to date!

Hi guys:o

Bucky. Pia, Has Elua actually written on this board lately? The post below including the one where he chimes in, is from/dated 2005......I will be on the Diamond in Dec and really would love to hear from him for all the latest goings on on board..........

Thanks!

That is the date they joined the board.

Guess the above post answers your question. ;)

Hi guys:o

Bucky. Pia, Has Elua actually written on this board lately? The post below including the one where he chimes in, is from/dated 2005......I will be on the Diamond in Dec and really would love to hear from him for all the latest goings on on board..........

Thanks!

If you look at prior post just before mine, you will see that Dave posted at 5:09 PM today.

Pia

And of course I will be "up close and personal" next week. :D I can't believe I'm actually saying NEXT WEEK!

Pia

Pia I am green with envy! I have 84 days yet and it seems like an enterity..........Please Please Please post when you get back ok?

Bucky~thank you for the clarification.

Pia I am green with envy! I have 84 days yet and it seems like an enterity..........Please Please Please post when you get back ok?

Depending on internet speed, I will attempt to start a "LIVE" from the Diamond. Watch for it on the night of the 4th or morning of the 5th. If speed is NG, I'll let you all know that too.

Pia

Depending on internet speed, I will attempt to start a "LIVE" from the Diamond. Watch for it on the night of the 4th or morning of the 5th. If speed is NG, I'll let you all know that too.

Pia

Pia, that would be fantastic! Our roll call will be hanging on your every word! LOL

(wow-just noticed my spelling errors on my last post!:eek: ~need more coffee......or sleep........or a cruise.........)

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha All,

Dave from Elua checking in. It's been a wonderful cruise so far...great people to play for, and most importantly, after one day or so of rough weather....sunshine and fair seas. Very nice sailing. So, to the questions at hand.

Yes, there will be ukulele classes...I know because Faline and I are teaching. We did two on the way down, (very beginners class) and will probably do two more on the way back. Maybe a little more advanced...we'll see. Classes have been very popular, and we're having a lot of fun at it. Matter of fact, we have been inspired to possibly do an instuctional DVD. We'll keep you posted.

Yes, there is horse racing and a horse auction, and the next CD will in all likelihood be David Cole. When, I'm not sure.

Stay well andin touch...I'll do thesame.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

Elua - You can count on at least two "students" from our December 3rd roll call. They are both bringing their own Ukes and looking so forward to your lessons. Thanks for keeping this activitiy alive. Hope others will join in. December 3rd can't come soon enough for us! Enjoy your island visits and

Mahalo and Aloha, Bucky

Archived