Celebrity Zenith

Kita

Michelle,

I forgot to mention that I leave on September 30th. Last year I sailed on Oct. 8th. out of Philadelphia on the Horizon to Bermuda. It was pretty rough right after we left Bermuda. We hit large swells and everything on the ship went flying. Broken glass, bottles, dishes etc. The shops had everything scattered all over , the liquor shop had lots of broken bottles & this was caused by the swells we were not in the middle of a storm.

Out of 39 cruises this was the first time something like that ever happned. Usually it is smooth sailing going & returning home.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!:rolleyes:

We were on the Zenith last May, and the trip home, after 18 cruises i have never experienced anything like it. On the last sea day around mid afternoon, the seas were 15-20 feet, thats the regular seas, not the swells. We were one of few people who made it to the dining room and there were trays, and glassware all falling off of tables, it was actually kind of amusing. Every 2 minutes or so you would here something come crashing to the floor, and everyone in the dining room would clap and cheer, it was great. That was my 7 time on a Bermuda run and before that had always had perfect seas to an from Bermuda.

Kita,

Hi,

I thought I would invite you to join our roll call for the 9/30 sailing. We have about 41 passengers signed up for the CC party already.

I'm with you hoping for smooth sailing as I don't do well with rough seas. I have been on over 65 cruises and have been within 100 miles of the eye of a hurricane. That one was a Mexican cruise and made for one very long 24 hour period. The second worst one was a Caribbean sailing that we followed a storm the whole week and never stopped rocking and rolling for 7 days. Other than those two the rest have been fairly smooth except for a little bit of rough patches here and there.

My only Bermuda cruise was years ago on the Horizon and that was 10/1. We had great weatherthat time so lets hope for a repeat.

Vicki

We left exactly a year ago on the Zenith. It was a rough couple of days. The large picture on the wall in our cabin fell off in the middle of the night! To us, it was fun. We did not get sick. Some were sick. It was the roughest we have ever had. We've been cruising since 1992. Smooth as glass on the return trip.

Has anyone been on the Zenith out of Bayonne, New Jersey in the last few weeks? This will be my 40th. cruise and just wondering how the seas have been due to the storms in the Bermuda area.

WOW! 40 cruises! What was the first ship you ever sailed on?

Can't help with your question, but I will tell you your in for a treat. Zenith has the best food, service and crew in the fleet.

Wecome to CC,

David

Hi David,

The first ship I ever went of was the S.S. Oceanic out of New York. I loved the ship so much I went twice a year. I have also been on several other lines including Celebrity 5 times.

Celebrity is now my number one choice since the S.S. Oceanic was sold in 1988 to Disney.

Hi David,

The first ship I ever went of was the S.S. Oceanic out of New York. I loved the ship so much I went twice a year. I have also been on several other lines including Celebrity 5 times.

Celebrity is now my number one choice since the S.S. Oceanic was sold in 1988 to Disney.

Kita,

You probably already know this:

The Oceanic currently cruises out of Spain; she's operated by Pullmantur, a Spanish-based company.

And Royal Caribbean International, parent company of Celebrity, recently bought Pullmantur--so the Oceanic is now part of the RCI conglomerate.

The Oceanic's future is uncertain. Being a steamship, she's very costly to operate; that, and her age, won't sit well with RCI's bottom-line bean counters, who love the ultra-modern high capacity Behemoths of the Seas...

Best to sail on her--and on the Zenith--while we still have the chance.

My DH and I along with my sister and family (total of 7 adults) will also be sailing on the Zenith on 09/30. I also hope that the seas are calm. This will be our 13th. cruise to Bermuda (lucky 13 I hope) on Celebrity; our 6th. on the Zenith and 7 on the Meridian. Anyone remember the Meridian? A beautiful ship, but a tragic ending. I have been watching the Weather Channel and the seas around Bermuda look good as of now. There are 3 possible TD's which came off the coast of Africa, but according to Dr. Steve Lyons (Chief Hurricane honcho) they have almost ZERO chance of becoming hurricanes or TS's. I hope he is right. Usually we pick the beginning of October or the very end of September for our cruise to Bermuda. We find great weather and less crowds in Bermuda at this time. We hope the trend continues with this cruise. Also, we have only hit one large storm this time of year and that was in 2001. I guess everything was bad that month. Maybe we will see some of you on board - even the weather for this coming Saturday looks great - sunny with highs in the high 60's. Happy Sailing!!!

Hi David,

My first cruise ever was on the Oceanic out of NY back in 1978!! It was wonderful with an all Italian crew!! The only bad thing was, I think we traveled in steerage because the size of the cabin was so small, we could barely move around!!! Because it was our first cruise, we didn't know any better and thought it was just WONDERFUL!!! Those were the days.....~B~

Hi David,

My first cruise ever was on the Oceanic out of NY back in 1978!! It was wonderful with an all Italian crew!! The only bad thing was, I think we traveled in steerage because the size of the cabin was so small, we could barely move around!!! Because it was our first cruise, we didn't know any better and thought it was just WONDERFUL!!! Those were the days.....~B~

Archived