which side on train

dean8844

when i cruised to Alaska and rode the train everyone was saying to get a seat on the left side, what about the panama train any certain side :rolleyes:

Dean

We were also in Alaska and knew which side of the bus to Seward was best because of Cruise Critics.. I was just about to post this very question when I noticed yours. So thanks!!

I do not know in which direction the train tour operates but I'll assume it is from Colon to Panama. You will see a little more of the canal from the right hand side of the train. Traveling in this direction the canal will always be on the righthand side. Except for a few areas the canal will be some distance away. You will be able to see lots of jungle and parts of Gatun Lake. If you happen to be on the left side don't be disappointed, lots of similar scenery, you just won't be on the canal side.

If the train trip is from Panama to Colon the canal side will be on the left.

Is the doomed train really worth the $$$$ ???? Do you take a bus to get to the train and how far is that?? We will be departing from the Lake.

Don't know how much extra the domed car is on your cruise. We booked the excursion through X about 18 months ago and our ship did not go into Gatun Lake. We took a a short bus ride from the docked ship to the train. The train ride was round trip to Panama City and back.

Domed train seats were under $20 more pp than the regular cars. With the views we had of the Canal, trip to Panama City and back, we felt the few extra $$$$ we paid were well worth it as the view from the car is great and provides some great photo opportunities while traveling on the train.

Dianne

i think i paid $169 same price as the ocean to ocean :D

Dean

That sounds about right according to what I am reading on the Princess site. I guess it could differ with cruise lines.

We will be doing the canal next April on the Sun Princess 17 day repositioning cruise.

Dean, just noticed your "13 month ago" Alaska cruise. We also sailed to Alaska last year - on the NCL Spirit, 10 September. Were we by any chance on the same ship?

Small world with huge oceans!

Archived