Cabin on Deck 6 Constellation

jemilyl

Would appreciate advice on choice of cabins on Constellation. We'll be sailing with Celebrity for the first time and cruising with friends. We've booked adjoining balcony cabins on Penthouse deck but have just read a review stating that looking out from the balcony, there was a view of the lifeboats on the deck below. We're now beginning to worry that this may be a bad choice and would like to hear from those of you who've previously sailed on Constellation's Penthouse deck.

We have recently returned from a crusie on the Constellation where by we had a Balcony cabin on the Penthouse Deck.

Yes there were life boats below, but I don't think they restricted our view in anyway. Its only if you hang over the balcony that you are really aware of them. When you are sat down on the Balcony enjoying a drink & watching the beautiful scenery go by you will not even know they are there. I think you have made a wonderful choice. We enjoyed our first cruise (3 wks ago) on this ship so much, we have just booked again to sail on 4th Aug next yr!!!

Don't worry just enjoy, it is truely amazing!!!:)

Great choice actually. The lifeboats are below you but not obstructing your view in any way. There are no balconies below on the lower deck (5) so you have a bit more privacy.

You are exactly in the middle of the ship vertically so there's very little roll movement. We were midships so we had no problem with pitch either.

We've booked exactly the same cabin selection for our next "M class" cruise.

Well, I just tried to upload a couple of photos from my balcony from here but it didn't work - cabin 6097 on the Connie. It was a great location, just a few doors down from the computer center and glass elevators.

Here's a link to my London photos, where I spent 4 nights pre-cruise. The photos at the end are on the ship when I arrived in Dover.

You'll be happy on that deck!

Thanks. Your photos are very interesting to me as I was born and grew up in Kent, very close to London and have relatives living in Dover so I know that town very well, too. I now live in Burlington, Ontario which is in the greater Toronto area.

Everyone replying seemed quite happy with their cabins on Penthouse Deck but I'm still a bit worried when I see your photo taken on the balcony coming into Dover. This might sound like a stupid question but Is the lifeboat that far out all the time or is it because the ship is coming into port and gets retracted into the ship when at sea?

Thanks. Your photos are very interesting to me as I was born and grew up in Kent, very close to London and have relatives living in Dover so I know that town very well, too. I now live in Burlington, Ontario which is in the greater Toronto area.

Everyone replying seemed quite happy with their cabins on Penthouse Deck but I'm still a bit worried when I see your photo taken on the balcony coming into Dover. This might sound like a stupid question but Is the lifeboat that far out all the time or is it because the ship is coming into port and gets retracted into the ship when at sea?

The lifeboats are in that position all the time. They are not in the way at all for viewing.

FYI, the Dover photos are when we were in port before leaving on our Baltic cruise.

I also posted a bunch of onboard photos http://www.worldisround.com/articles/313655/index.html at this link. I think I included other window shot.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/313634/photo46.html Here's another one. My room was 4-5 rooms beyond the glass elevators. You can see from this photo that the lifeboats are not in the way of viewing.

Don't worry! It's a great deck! :)

:) To everyone who replied, I appreciate your help. We're so looking forward to this cruise and hear wonderful things about the Constellation so want to be absolutely sure we're making the right choice of cabins, our previous cruises have been with Princess (6) and Royal Caribbean (2).....we can't wait to try Celebrity!

We sail out of Fort Lauderdale on December 29th; have always wanted to celebrate New Year's on a cruise so this will be the year we do it! Talked to our TA today about cabins and still haven't come to a decision as to whether we'll try to move up to Vista Deck. If we stay with Penthouse, I'm sure it will be fine, I've only read one review with negative comments re the lifeboats, everyone else seems to be very positive about their experience on Penthouse Deck.

We sail out of Fort Lauderdale on December 29th; have always wanted to celebrate New Year's on a cruise so this will be the year we do it! Talked to our TA today about cabins and still haven't come to a decision as to whether we'll try to move up to Vista Deck. If we stay with Penthouse, I'm sure it will be fine, I've only read one review with negative comments re the lifeboats, everyone else seems to be very positive about their experience on Penthouse Deck.

You'll only pay more money by moving up to the vista deck, right? And you'll get the same view!

Archived