5 Must Haves????

SumSTAR524

Ok all cruisers, What are the 5 things you must pack that you have forgotten and kicked yourself for???

I know the camera, swimwear etc. I am looking for the things you just can't believe you didn't pack and the needed it everytime you turned around.

Summer

9 days in counting

1. More sunscreen than you think you need.

2. A small first aid kit including OTC meds for a variety of ailments (cold, stomach, pain, allergy, seasickness) plus bandaids and an antiobiotic ointment for cuts.

3. Underwear for the entire trip, if your cruise is a short one, you don't want to have to do laundry in the sink.

4. Good sunglasses, I prefer ones that are polarized.

5. Your own toiletries. I know Carnival supplies them, but it is all drugstore stuff, I prefer to use what I like and no surprises there.

Leave off your packing list anything you have to ask what it is used for. I've never packed duct tape, an extension cord, a can of Lysol, highlighter pens, post it notes and many more tiems you will read about on these and other cruise boards.

The ships are sophisticated and have things like cups to drink out of, pens to write with and paper to do it on. You will be so busy having a great time, you won't want to be bothered with a lot of "stuff". We have eliminated so much off our packing lists the last few years, experience is the best teacher. We no longer take electrical accessories, music, we leave the camcorder at home, only one cell phone, charged and turned off, only to be used in case of emergency.

Use your time in port for adventure, not shopping, you can shop at home. Hence, no need for an extra bag for souvenirs. I'm a minimalist and prefer to pack light, both my suitcase and my attitude. So, take along your best sense of humor, meet as many people as you can and don't forget you're on the ocean, get out on deck both late at night and early in the morning, the most beautiful times of day up there:)

Ok all cruisers, What are the 5 things you must pack that you have forgotten and kicked yourself for???

I know the camera, swimwear etc. I am looking for the things you just can't believe you didn't pack and the needed it everytime you turned around.

Summer

9 days in counting

Good question....but I will be totally honest here, I have never

left anything home that I needed everytime I turned around.

That would be a good thing though:D

I bring some decaffeinated tea bags with me. I'm a poor sleeper and don't drink caffeine in the evening.

Yes, most lines have some, but often it's only a choice of fruit teas (taste like hot kid's punch to me) or chamomile which makes me sleepy - not what I want after dinner before going to a show, the disco or gambling.

I once left home without my spa socks ... never again. If you don't know about these they are from Crescent Inc. and they are called "The World's Softest Socks" They are perfect for on the airplane or they substitute for slippers in your cabin. I see they are on ebay express now.

I also always remember to pack a couple of nail files and whatever color nail/toe polish I am wearing on the cruise.

I print up mailing labels to stick on postcards and always take those with me.

Oh and I almost always try to remember to bring DH :)

OK, Kathy, you must post a link to your socks. I'm a sucker for very soft socks. I tried searching ebay with the brand name "Crescent Inc." and "worlds softest socks" .

I did find their web site now, the socks range in price from $3.99 to about 8.99. Here is the site:

http://www.worldssoftest.com/home.php

I'll wait to see if ebay costs less.

Ok all cruisers, What are the 5 things you must pack that you have forgotten and kicked yourself for

1. Extension cord

2. comfy socks...I never wear socks anywhere else!!

3. DH :rolleyes: ok...I really don't forget him.....

4. highlighter and post-it notes

5. airplane bottles of my favorite citron vodka

My big commuter cup for coffee. I like a big, easy to carry cup of coffee every morning. Running up and down stairs, walking the decks it is wonderful to have my cup with a lid that holds a lot of coffee.

A cheap watch to take around and off the ship so I don't have to keep asking my husband what time it is.

Archived