Mercury refirb???

mlmagic

thought I recalled seeing something about it on these threads as set to be done in the spring of next year - which will be after our cruise on her. :p

Ohhh...sorry for you, good for me I guess:D we are going in Sept 2007, thanks for the info!

We are going from San Francisco to Vancouver on April 27, 2007. I checked the Celebrity website as I'd heard about the refurb too. There is a gap in the Mercury schedule between Apr 13 and Apr 27. sounds like two weeks in refurb. Since we will be the first cruise after the refurb, I hope it's nice and not just smelling of fresh paint!;)

We are going from San Francisco to Vancouver on April 27, 2007. I checked the Celebrity website as I'd heard about the refurb too. There is a gap in the Mercury schedule between Apr 13 and Apr 27. sounds like two weeks in refurb. Since we will be the first cruise after the refurb, I hope it's nice and not just smelling of fresh paint!;)

Yea cereo, I looked at the schedule also in april 2007, I also saw the 2 wk gap...thought that may be when they do it. I wonder what they do in 2 weeks?? From the reviews lately and past, seems they need to overhall that ship! I hope it will be a great cruise for you!!

:) Lysa

Someone else on this site reported that the refurb was planned for April and I panicked thinking our cruise might get cancelled but then I saw the gap in the schedule so I'm pretty sure that's it. I plan to post as soon as we get back to report on the condition of the ship, so look for that post around May 10 (we are going to Whistler Canada for a few days after the cruise)

Hope you have a great time, too.

Someone else on this site reported that the refurb was planned for April and I panicked thinking our cruise might get cancelled but then I saw the gap in the schedule so I'm pretty sure that's it. I plan to post as soon as we get back to report on the condition of the ship, so look for that post around May 10 (we are going to Whistler Canada for a few days after the cruise)

Hope you have a great time, too.

You slid by, by the skin of your teeth!!:D Looks like your the first voyage out after "the April Gap" Will be anxious to see what they do, ck CC daily, so I will be on the lookout next spring! What kind of cabin do you have?

Just an ocean view this trip. We don't have the fund$ to get a balcony, but we're going to Alaska in 2008--maybe on Princess even though our first choice is usually Celebrity--and we'll definitely have a balcony then. But we understand Princess really does Alaska well. They go all the way up to Prince William Sound, not just the inside passage for about the same price.

Cindi

;) Good evening,

MV MERCURY is slated for drydock from 13-26 April after her Mexican Riviera season. If you research this forum,there are a few threads on that topic.

You've got good timing.

Happy sailings

Cheers

Claude G

:D

;) Good evening,

MV MERCURY is slated for drydock from 13-26 April after her Mexican Riviera season. If you research this forum,there are a few threads on that topic.

You've got good timing.

Happy sailings

Cheers

Claude G

:D

Thanks Claude, That's awesome! How do people know this info and I wonder what they will do, any tips???

:) Lysa

Just an ocean view this trip. We don't have the fund$ to get a balcony, but we're going to Alaska in 2008--maybe on Princess even though our first choice is usually Celebrity--and we'll definitely have a balcony then. But we understand Princess really does Alaska well. They go all the way up to Prince William Sound, not just the inside passage for about the same price.

Cindi

Hi Cindi,

Well maybe I can now help you...we went on the Dawn Princess to Alaska in May. It was fabulous!! I know this is an "X" board, but since you mentioned it, I will tell you Princess did a great cruise, ship, food, everything was beautiful!! For sure do the balcony, you won't believe how breathtaking Alaska is. You will view places you can never see, or get to by land. I woke up every AM at 5, and scrambled to our balcony half asleep, just so I could see the massive snow covered peaks jetting right out of the ocean as we started coming into Alaska from open sea, so quiet and peaceful as the ship just glided through ..OK, see here I go again, I just was in Awe...Surely God lives in Alaska...I hope it's a marvelous time for you, as it was for us...:) If you have any ?? feel free to ask, or email me at mlmagic@wwdb.org

Lysa

Archived