Will Carnival Host A Cruise Critic Party?

CAC104

We have 43 cruisers from the Cruise Critic Board link registered to meet before sailaway to get to know each other. We were wondering if Carnival ever hosts the same kind of parties that RCL does if the number of CCers is high enough? Who would we contact to find out? I wrote an e-mail to the Carnival e-mail link, and have not had a reply and it has been over a week. We all would appreciate any info....

We tried this past summer. There were about 80 in our group. Carnival offered us a room, munchies, and cash bar for about $12 a person. We nixed their offer and had our own get together, twice. We took over the entire Lido deck by pool. Their loss.

Thanks for the answers....You know I think Carnival is missing out on a lot of good public relations....This will be my first (out of 14 previous cruises) on Carnival, and so far nothing they have done makes me want to sign up with them again. I am only doing this cruise because some of my other friends wanted to experience the new Liberty.

Thanks for the answers....You know I think Carnival is missing out on a lot of good public relations....This will be my first (out of 14 previous cruises) on Carnival, and so far nothing they have done makes me want to sign up with them again. I am only doing this cruise because some of my other friends wanted to experience the new Liberty.

I agree that Carnival is missing out on a lot of good PR by not hosting parties (even if they offer nothing more than chips and dip and soft drinks) for people that meet on Cruise Critics boards. I know that as someone that travels solo . . . it was fantastic to meet those I had been talking to for many months on the roll call board for Celebrity's Galaxy. I've tried to get people together to meet on Carnival but . . . few seldom show up. On Galaxy in 2003 . . . our group photo showed over 50 of us that had met on these boards. On my last Carnival cruises . . . it's only been about three or four. But . . . Carnival endorses their "group cruises" and unless you sign up for one . . . you're on your own . . . :(

I agree that Carnival is missing out on a lot of good PR by not hosting parties (even if they offer nothing more than chips and dip and soft drinks) for people that meet on Cruise Critics boards.

RCI and CC have a CONTRACT.

They couldn't really do it whether they wanted to or not. Not Carnival's fault, that's the way it goes.

You'll just have to arrange something on your own.

RCI and CC have a CONTRACT.

They couldn't really do it whether they wanted to or not. Not Carnival's fault, that's the way it goes.

I can almost guarantee the contract has an exclusivity clause that limits the M&Ms to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity (same owners). Nothing wrong with that - I use exclusivity clauses in a lot of contracts. They often work to your advantage, but sometimes they're a disadvantage.

We tried this past summer. There were about 80 in our group. Carnival offered us a room, munchies, and cash bar for about $12 a person. We nixed their offer and had our own get together, twice. We took over the entire Lido deck by pool. Their loss.

How is Carnival losing anything? Is your group not buying drinks?

It is very simple to set up your own get togethers on your Roll Calls. Meet up at the time & place you post. We have done many with great turnouts. It all depends on the people in your group.

I can almost guarantee the contract has an exclusivity clause that limits the M&Ms to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity (same owners). Nothing wrong with that - I use exclusivity clauses in a lot of contracts. They often work to your advantage, but sometimes they're a disadvantage.

You can be pretty sure it is. Often these threads get pulled as well, so don't be surprised if it disappears.

Archived