Panama Canal Book Suggestions?

Michelle1234

Hi All,

I am getting ready for a Panama Canal cruise and would love to get some book suggestions related to the Panama Canal, Central America, South America and Carribean. I love historical fiction, great novels, reality based books etc. Please suggest the books that you have read and felt were truly great books. The kind you couldn't put down. I am going on a 10 day cruise and can probably get through 7-8 books in that time and love to read!

Thanks a bunch!

Michelle

While this might not be what your looking for, have you heard about "The Path Between the Seas". It is actually the history of the canal itself. It is extremely interesting but is a very lengthy book. I bought it used from Amazon.com. I have

only started it, but my brother and sister-in-law (who are going with us) have both read it and said they really enjoyed it. For what it's worth.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

I am getting ready for a Panama Canal cruise and would love to get some book suggestions related to the Panama Canal, Central America, South America and Carribean. I love historical fiction, great novels, reality based books etc. Please suggest the books that you have read and felt were truly great books. The kind you couldn't put down. I am going on a 10 day cruise and can probably get through 7-8 books in that time and love to read!

Thanks a bunch!

Michelle

I am going on the 1/3/07 Legend cruise to the Panama canal. A dvd about the canal from Nova was very informative, as well as the " PATH BETWEEN THE SEA'S ".

While this might not be what your looking for' date=' have you heard about "The Path Between the Seas". It is actually the history of the canal itself. It is extremely interesting but is a very lengthy book. I bought it used from Amazon.com. I have

only started it, but my brother and sister-in-law (who are going with us) have both read it and said they really enjoyed it. For what it's worth.[/quote']

Yes, I just read this book on the Regal Princess full transit Panama canal cruise we completed yesterday and I agree with the above comments ( interesting but lengthy, over 600 pages and lots of photographs ). I found it in the Regal onboard library in the travel section ( green stickers I believe)

• 1 month later...

Archived