Butler service with a sky suite???

mlmagic

I just booked SS for a Mother/Daughter getaway cruise. I really want my Mom to feel special, it will be her first cruise. What does the Butler do that you all have experienced?? I hope he does not knock on your door all hours, wanting to "do something for you":D I just wondered what to expect, I really booked it for extra space and the big balcony on the sky deck, I knew she would like that and the butler is a great perk I'm sure. Any info is helpful to me, new to X...Thanks

Lysa:)

They will bring your room service, deliver your daily canapes and tea in the afternoon, stock your room refrigerator, make appointments for the spa and salon and do any general cruise-related tasks. They are not obtrusive in any way.

They will bring your room service, deliver your daily canapes and tea in the afternoon, stock your room refrigerator, make appointments for the spa and salon and do any general cruise-related tasks. They are not obtrusive in any way.

Thank you Darcie...sounds good:)

We just got off of Century and miss our butler, Cliff. He was wonderful,

a phone call to wake us in the morning while he had our breakfast right outside the door at the time we had requested.

He took care of getting our laundry done - bags, paper work and made sure it was returned in a timely manner. Set up massage appointments.

We had a small party in our cabin for 10 and he set up everything - from delivering invitations to suppling food and champagne.

We called him for room service, even had dinner on our balcony one night and ordered off the dinning room menu - he always set the table with linen, china and silveware. Even breakfast.

We just asked him up front what could he do for us and what did he expect from us in way of request. He never said no - it was of course Madam.

He was great and we miss him so much.

You will love the pampering and he will make sure your Mom feels like she is a Queen.

We just got off of Century and miss our butler, Cliff. He was wonderful,

a phone call to wake us in the morning while he had our breakfast right outside the door at the time we had requested.

He took care of getting our laundry done - bags, paper work and made sure it was returned in a timely manner. Set up massage appointments.

We had a small party in our cabin for 10 and he set up everything - from delivering invitations to suppling food and champagne.

We called him for room service, even had dinner on our balcony one night and ordered off the dinning room menu - he always set the table with linen, china and silveware. Even breakfast.

We just asked him up front what could he do for us and what did he expect from us in way of request. He never said no - it was of course Madam.

He was great and we miss him so much.

You will love the pampering and he will make sure your Mom feels like she is a Queen.

Thank you so much...That's all I want is my sweet Mom to feel special. She was recently diagnosed with a serious lung disease and I do not know how long I have left with her. So I am glad to hear this. I too, in the process will be happy as I see my Mom smile.

This one's for you Mom...

But sadly no! The stateroom attendant we had on Royal Caribbean was way better than the so-called butler we just had on Infinity. He was totally non-existant for the first 36 hours and then lied to us about why he wasn't around (claimed our do not disturb sign was out - one little problem we didn't have one & had requested a replacement from our stateroom attendant just a few minutes before that). Thankfully we had a great cruise despite his not being around, but did not appreciate him telling us 2 days before the end of the cruise that if we didn't mark him as excellent he would lose his job. I so hope you don't have him because I've heard such great reports of others.

Thank you so much...That's all I want is my sweet Mom to feel special. She was recently diagnosed with a serious lung disease and I do not know how long I have left with her. So I am glad to hear this. I too, in the process will be happy as I see my Mom smile.

This one's for you Mom...

Just wanted to tell you what a wonderful daughter you are . . . :) I hope you have a great cruise. Cherish the time you have together.

(P.S. If you mention the ship you will be on perhaps someone can give you more specific information regarding the butlers on that ship.)

Just wanted to tell you what a wonderful daughter you are . . . :) I hope you have a great cruise. Cherish the time you have together.

(P.S. If you mention the ship you will be on perhaps someone can give you more specific information regarding the butlers on that ship.)

Thank you ozland. I love my Mom so much, I want to have a memory with her that will forever be an imprint in my mind, as well as bring her some joy and pampering as I hope she will be able to still enjoy it. We will be on the Mercury.

Thanks for the post...:)

Lysa

But sadly no! The stateroom attendant we had on Royal Caribbean was way better than the so-called butler we just had on Infinity. He was totally non-existant for the first 36 hours and then lied to us about why he wasn't around (claimed our do not disturb sign was out - one little problem we didn't have one & had requested a replacement from our stateroom attendant just a few minutes before that). Thankfully we had a great cruise despite his not being around, but did not appreciate him telling us 2 days before the end of the cruise that if we didn't mark him as excellent he would lose his job. I so hope you don't have him because I've heard such great reports of others.

So sorry to hear this. As all our trips have been in suites we have seen a range of bulters from outstanding to OK. I know now to make sure I see the butler Day 1 having had a similar experience to you (interestingly also on the Infinity). That said , we had no problems at all on our next trip in May when we had the most wonderful butler on the Constellation.

Can you tell us who your butler was - and was he planning to move to the Summit, as if he was, I am ready for him!

So sorry to hear this. As all our trips have been in suites we have seen a range of bulters from outstanding to OK. I know now to make sure I see the butler Day 1 having had a similar experience to you (interestingly also on the Infinity). That said , we had no problems at all on our next trip in May when we had the most wonderful butler on the Constellation.

Can you tell us who your butler was - and was he planning to move to the Summit, as if he was, I am ready for him!

When you say...see the butler day 1, do you mean telling him of your needs day 1 and expect him to do it sort of thing??;) Not right that you should have to do that!

Thanks

At embarkation you should meet your butler in your cabin within the 1st few hours. Cliff had a note pad that he wrote down our likes and anything we needed special. Like our party.

He also explained how to reach him - gave us his cell phone number and gave us the hours he worked almost 24/7 If he was not available then another butler was covering his cabins (phone calls). We also met our cabin attendant and she too gave us her cell phone number to call if we needed anything. I called a couple of times and both of them were immediately there to help us.

If you do not meet your butler on the first day I would be calling the Hotel Director and asking questions.

At embarkation you should meet your butler in your cabin within the 1st few hours. Cliff had a note pad that he wrote down our likes and anything we needed special. Like our party.

He also explained how to reach him - gave us his cell phone number and gave us the hours he worked almost 24/7 If he was not available then another butler was covering his cabins (phone calls). We also met our cabin attendant and she too gave us her cell phone number to call if we needed anything. I called a couple of times and both of them were immediately there to help us.

If you do not meet your butler on the first day I would be calling the Hotel Director and asking questions.

Thx...good advice, will do:D

Frans advice is spot on - and is what we have become used to except on the Infinity where we were told by the stateroom attendant that the butler was very busy and had been up most of the previous nights looking after guests so he was tired. We fell for that! Would not do that again!!

What has amazed me with all the others is how, when you phone their direct number they always say (and are) "be with you right away". One night we just wanted something simple sent to the room - think it was another copy of the Daily - and we were mortified to find a few minutes later the bulter at the door (who would have been off duty by then). We never managed to get him to tell us whether he had been dragged back to look after us or if as he had said it was - he was just passing by when our call had come in to guest relations (we had not phoned his number deliberately to leave him with his well deserved time off) By the way that is after 2130 or so.

If you have a good butler it will be fantastic; I am just worried that the one I had a less than good service from on Infinity - and a later CC posted had the same name- is back again

I've been reading with interest. We will be in a suite on the Mercury too, Lysa -- but not until December of 2007. This will be the first suite we have had on Celebrity so everyone's advice is very much welcomed.

Also, Lysa, don't hesitate to ask for things that might make your mother more comfortable -- egg crate for the mattress, extra blanket if she would like to sit out on the balcony in the evening/night, perhaps a cushion/chaise lounge cover for the balcony chairs . . . whatever you think of that would help make it extra special. Sounds like she deserves to have the best vacation ever -- and you too . . . :)

uktog: I didn't have a suite on the Summit, just concierge, so I can't tell you about the butlers on that ship. However, I just noticed you will be on the Mercury, NZ to Australia on the voyage after mine. I will have a suite on there. (I could post live and let you know!) ;)

This was our first experience with a butler - we had friends on the same cruise who had an excellent one and mentioned that all the ones they've had have been great - we kept joking and saying - could he teach ours how its supposed to be done. :) Now we know - make sure to see him on day 1. We did file a complaint about him (it was really hard to decide to do that but neither one of us could tolerate being lied to plus there were a few other things). They gave us the opportunity to have another one but..... we thought we should give him another chance. Bad idea but.........

It would be interesting to know if it was the same butler you had problems with on the Infinity. I've thought about giving his name and finally decided to - it was Ezio. No idea what his future plans were.

Sorry to have brought this up - I know from hearing loads of others talk that our butler was definitely the exception.

I've been reading with interest. We will be in a suite on the Mercury too, Lysa -- but not until December of 2007. This will be the first suite we have had on Celebrity so everyone's advice is very much welcomed.

Also, Lysa, don't hesitate to ask for things that might make your mother more comfortable -- egg crate for the mattress, extra blanket if she would like to sit out on the balcony in the evening/night, perhaps a cushion/chaise lounge cover for the balcony chairs . . . whatever you think of that would help make it extra special. Sounds like she deserves to have the best vacation ever -- and you too . . . :)

Thank you ozland, you are kind...I appreciate your tips on making my "mommy":) happy! She is so excited, I see a glimmer in her eye, it will keep her going...till our cruise!

Lysa

J and G

I appreciate you thinking carefully and naming the butler- it was not the same name as we had, it was not a name I recognise. Maybe this was a one off or of course, maybe he had been trained by the one we had

Ozland, we are hoping for a great butler on the Mercury - but as that is going to be a wow trip as I will be seeing family in NZ and Oz the butler will have to work so hard to be the high spot of the trip!!

J and G -

We are wondering which cabin you were in as we are going on the Infinity in a SS in a few weeks.We would like to be prepared if we have the same Butler.

We have been in several SS and have always has exceptional service from our Butler and always want to kidnapp them and bring them home with us.

Sorry you had a less than grand experience from your Butler- it sounds as if there may have been complaints about him in the past as he was worried about his rating.

Thanks,

Moya

Lysa, what a sweet thing you're doing for Mom! Make the most of the time you can spend together. My mom's illness is in it's terminal phase. Going to see her next week end after our cruise.

DH and I sail TODAY on Mercury in a SS on the Sky Deck. I'll report back to you. As long as he brings us lots of coffee in the morning, we'll be happy! Hoping the weather lets us have lunch out on hat HUGE verandah one day.

Lysa, what a sweet thing you're doing for Mom! Make the most of the time you can spend together. My mom's illness is in it's terminal phase. Going to see her next week end after our cruise.

DH and I sail TODAY on Mercury in a SS on the Sky Deck. I'll report back to you. As long as he brings us lots of coffee in the morning, we'll be happy! Hoping the weather lets us have lunch out on hat HUGE verandah one day.

Thanks so much for the comment...I am so sorry about your Mom too. It's weird, our Mother's raise us, we live with them our whole lives, they mentor, love, hug...then to have to let them go, is very hard on my heart...:( I give it to God everyday, HE is good and can handle our pain. Best of luck thanks !:)

Lysa

- but as that is going to be a wow trip as I will be seeing family in NZ and Oz the butler will have to work so hard to be the high spot of the trip!!

uktog: I will be going to see my family in Oz too!

My in-laws will be boarding the Mercury in Ensenada and going all the way to Sydney. We will fly to Auckland and join them for the voyage to Sydney. My sister lives in Sydney (which is where I was born and raised) and my brother lives in Dubbo. He used to live in Manly until a few years ago. We will spend Christmas and New Year with them. *We* are my husband, daughter and, of course, myself.

I wonder if we will have the same butler . . . ;)

mctrekkie: Yes, please let us all know how it goes on the Mercury. (We will have SS 1232.) Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived