Rasul = 50 ways to embarrass yourself

jennew

I booked the couples rasul for me and DH on his Birthday.....I talked him into it, which was no small thing. He is my 1000% italian macho guy who would die if his buddies found out he set foot in a spa..:D

He was a great sport. We went in, got naked, slipped into robes and recieved our instructions. DH paid close attention to the host while she explained what do do and what order to use the products.

At first it was going well. We exfoliated. We showered. We spread the greenish mud stuff all over each other. I was thinking about how people have suggested that (ahem) other things...happen in the rasul....and wondering if this was before or after you remove the mud...cause frankly, that could get messy.....

So...we stepped into the steam area. There was no steam. Dh steps out and presses the button on the wall that says "Steam on"....the button FELL OFF the wall..:eek: ...DH is a mechanical designer so he is sure he can re-assemble this thing...he sets to work.....it takes several minutes...we are naked...covered in green mud....and can't really yell for help.

Eventually he manages to get the steam to work. Now the entire wall area and the button contraption, are covered with green mud handprints.

We settle into the steam room and quickly realize there is not a good way to get comfortable. The whole room is tile, the benches are built into the wall, the wall is straight up and down. There is no way to recline.

I am once again thinking "people get freaky in HERE?? HOW???" With all the tile, and the steam....seems that you could slip and kill yourself....or at least chip a tooth or something...So...for all you guys who have managed such a thing, God bless ya.

All of the sudden an ALARM starts going off. BLARF BLARF BLARF .... We have no idea what to do...and then a woman from the spa BURSTS into the room...we were are naked...covered in green mud....and she tells us "shut off the alarm"....we had not touched the alarm... we tried to shut it off, but we got nowhere.

Ok...she left for a minute...the alarm still going off....she returns and INSISTS we have set off the alarm. We are mortified....I play with the alarm button a little and finally it stops. We still don't know why it went off, we honestly were nowhere NEAR the thing. I suspect the spa people thought were were doing crazy stuff and set it off....I assure you, we were not.

We showered off....attempted to leave quietly....but then remembered that our cruise cards are at the front desk. Do you think they could have let us leave with no comment? NOOOO.....No less than three of the employees were making a fuss about it "We are SO sorry that happened to you guys..."....and I finally felt like I had to say "We were not doing ANYTHING other than sit in there..." To which I got a wink and a "oh SURE".....ARGH....

They did take $50 off the bill....and I am very sure DH will never set foot in a spa again.

That was so funny, sorry. A couple of cruises ago, my hubby thought he was being nice by signing me up for a massage as a surprise. When I showed up, I was asked what type of massage. I never had a real one before so I didn't have a clue. Afterwards, I was brought back to the warming chair and layed down for a while, not knowing how long I should stay there or if there was something else I should be doing. I really needed a "Spas for Dummies." I think I put something on the comment card along the lines of that people should be asked if this was their first time in a spa, and if so, should explain the process a bit more.

As for "doing things", I have a little story about the hot tub by the gym, but I'm not gonna tell it.;)

That was hilarious!

FYI- the best spa treatment I have ever had on board ship is the foot massage (reflexology)- it was better than a Swedish or deep tissue massage and was less expensive. The thing I like best was that you didn't have to rush back to the room to take a shower (to get the oil off your skin and hair) and you didn't have that red, wrinkley face from having your head in the face rest.

Always book spa treatments on port days and save some $$$.

All of the sudden an ALARM starts going off. BLARF BLARF BLARF .... We have no idea what to do...and then a woman from the spa BURSTS into the room...we were are naked...covered in green mud....and she tells us "shut off the alarm"....we had not touched the alarm... we tried to shut it off, but we got nowhere.

So, um, were the pictures of you and DH available for purchase? hehe

We have our Rasul session booked for our honeymoon cruise. Can only hope our experience will be better than yours. As for me, I would have just walked up to the front desk naked and covered in the green mud and politely informed them that we have a problem. Bet their reaction would be a bit different! :D

Jennew,

I can feel your husband's pain.

For our honeymoon, we went to Chattanooga, TN. We get to the hotel and get settled in. We then decide to take a shower together for the first time. To add to the mood, I lit two candles in the room. In the middle of soaping each other, all of a sudden there is this LOUD, BLARING sound. I hop out, run naked into the bedroom and realize it is the smoke detector going off.

The darn little sucker was not going to shut off. I finally undid it off the wall and pulled the batteries out. Next was hoping and praying that it was not wired into a master alarm panel that automatically dispatches the fire department. Luckily it was not. But what a way to start off a new marriage.

Dave

That is one funny experience, you and DH will never forget that one. DH and I hope to be cruising on the CB next week. I had been thinking of the Rasul for us also, but this changed my mind. I am eagerly looking forward to your CB review. Thanks, Nancy

I really feel for Jennew!!! Of all the times to have things go wrong:eek: !

Nancy: I'd still recommend the Rasul Experience. It really is a lot of fun!!

I am so sorry that happened to you. I, too, did the rasul with my dh on the crown and I was absolutely PETRIFIED that I would breathe on the alarm button and have it go off. It took a while for the steam to start up and I thought we didn't press the right button and my husband would yell and say, don't touch THAT button cause it was the alarm. For all who are considering it, it really was fun and since we were travelling with our kids and his parents, it was the only time we were alone and we enjoyed it and laughed alot!

• 1 year later...

Archived