Lost and found items on a ship

PMARSHALL

I sure wish the person that found or whatever my brand new Sony cam corder on the Glory would have turned it in but alas I at least now have a spare battery charger for my new one. Carnival did send me a very nice letter letting me know that no one had turned it in.:(

Someone probably took it home, in hopes that you would call...:rolleyes:

We had a kind-of similar situation on the Conquest recently. During a shore excursion, one of the other PAX (who I did not know before the excursion and frankly could not remember) gave me her watch to keep dry in our camera bag. I completely forgot I had it (as did she apparently) until the next day on board when I found it in the camera bag. I emailed the tour operator from on-board, who provided me the names of the other people on our excursion and I took that list of names to the purser's desk. They looked up the names and called the cabins of each, leaving messages asking them to call our cabin if they were missing the watch. No one ever called our cabin. Upon arriving at home, we emailed the tour operator again and asked that they email those people on our excursion about the watch and they said they would. We've never heard from anyone and still have the watch. We tried! :)

I forgot to mention (Cotton's post reminded me): I asked the purser if they would take the watch and get me out of the loop and she told me to keep it until the owner called our cabin. I suppose I should have insisted upon the purser keeping it but was following instructions. My bad I guess. :(

Archived