Price shock on drinks

PMARSHALL

Now we have cruised on several Carnival ships and have never been asked if we would like a large or small. This week on the Inspiration I purchase 2 drinks while waiting for a show to start and when we received them I said boy these are larger than before. When we got the bill at $15 each drink I knew that we were in sticker shock for the night they were good but if you are not prepared for the price it could put someone on a budget over the top fast. Be aware.

WOW-- 15 bucks for one drink--lol guess they knew you were new.

were they in the soverneir cups? standard 14 ozs.?

I know on the Destiny they sold plastic carved monkey heads for 17 bucks on the last sea day.

I paid about $15 for the wooden monkey head which had drink of the day. My daughter now uses the monkey head for a coin bank, so it was worth it to me. Other than that most of my drinks were about $6
My husband and son bought the monkey heads with pina coladas at the Mardi Gras deck party. They were $17 and change with the 15% tip.

We brought them home to the grandkids. The little one is only 4 months, but the 20 month old loved it. He ran around with it all evening.

Just came back from a week in Alaska on Princess Diamond Princess and they now have "small" normal size drink and "medium" with is very large and expensive. This was our 18th cruise and the first time I have heard of small or medium size drinks. The first drink I picked a medium and thought it would take me all week to finish it. Learned my lesson within the first hour on board.

We were on the Carnival Valor in June and didn't experience this. Must be a new way to make more money for the cruise lines. It worked once with me!!

We asked for a Miami Vice and a Mudslide they both came in the 14 oz glass but we were not asked what size we wanted it just came that way we were very suprised. This was not our first cruise amd we never in our past sailings had anything except the standard size. We did order the same drinks at a different club later and was asked it we wanted large or small. We also purchased the monkey head drink but I did ask before I purchased that drink how much it was because I knew it would be extra.

I used to live in Chicago, and now live in a small city in Iowa. I'd say the Carnival prices are somewhere in between...they sure as heck could charge whatever they wanted, thirsty people don't have much of a choice. I think the prices are reasonable, and cheaper than most large cities. Especially considering it includes the tip.

Reminds me of the time we were in Miami the night prior to boarding our first cruise. We were hungry and decided to order a pizza. We called a local, non-chain place and ordered a large sausage and onion. Good thing we asked for a price....$33!!! Needless to say we passed on the pizza and were starving on our way to the breakfast buffet the next morning. LOL

Geeze I did a webshots search for the Carvival Liberty yesterday and in the pics was the drink menus. Those prices are all quite reasonable. I'm glad I heard about the monkey heads being $17.00. Not that I would want one though. If i'm going to spend that kind of $$ on a souvenier I'll go to the shops.

Now we have cruised on several Carnival ships and have never been asked if we would like a large or small. This week on the Inspiration I purchase 2 drinks while waiting for a show to start and when we received them I said boy these are larger than before. When we got the bill at $15 each drink I knew that we were in sticker shock for the night they were good but if you are not prepared for the price it could put someone on a budget over the top fast. Be aware.

I made a call home from my cabin once. THAT WAS A SHOCK on my bill. never again

Patti,

You got to get out more. Cruise ship drinks are on a par with nicer clubs in big cities.

They used to be less but they have to cover the bums that smuggle on their own booze!!!!

INCOMING, GET DOWN!!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Dan

Archived