Christmas on the ship

Wildcatter

We are cruising on the Grand out of Galveston this Xmas. Have any of you been on a cruise during Xmas week? Did they decorate it nicely? How was the crew? Were they cranky being away from their loved ones during the holidays? I've worked in retail management for 18 years so I know how it is.

The ship is decorated from about Thanksgiving on.

The crew wears Santa hats, there is Christmas caroling on Christmas day, Santa comes and gives all the children gifts in the atrium on Christmas day, Christmas movies are shown in the theatre (everything from It's a Wonderful Life to Santa Clause), there is a special Christmas dinner, staff was fine - none seemed grumpy. On Christmas day - there is a huge display in the atrium. It was a very nice cruise.

I guess I expected more decor and holiday spirit. We were on the Grand 2 Christmases ago and the staff wore santa hats which they hated. They said that they stunk (the hats not the staff) and that they would be glad when Christmas was over so they could pitch them. The caroling was in the atrium on Christmas eve and it wasn't much. I didn't see much difference being on the ship at Christmas vs being on the ship in January except for a few decorations. All this negativity aside, we will be on the Golden at Christmas this year:D

Archived