Any PERKS to booking on ship vs TA

froggy333

We're interested in booking a fall cruise in 2007 & we're wondering if there's any benefit or perks to wait till we sail in 1 1/2 weeks on Mercury.

Princess has "Future Cruise credits" where you can earn "on board credits" if you book with them while cruising; your booking can always be transfered to your TA at a later date and still keep the perks.

I don't recall seeing any programs with Celebrity. The cruise we want to book is at a good price right now and I really don't want to delay the booking but any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

You can get on-board credit from $50.00 to $150.00 depending on length of cruise. You can also transfer it to your TA. I would go ahead and book now, and see if the price is the same on-board and cancel the booking if need be.

You will get an OBC for booking a cruise while on board -- up to now it's been $50 per cabin for 3-5 nt. cruises, $100 for 6-8 nt. cruises, $200 for 9 + nt. cruises. You can always book onboard and then transfer the booking to your preferred agent later (additional perks??).

Princess has "Future Cruise credits" where you can earn "on board credits" if you book with them while cruising; your booking can always be transfered to your TA at a later date and still keep the perks.

No different on Celebrity. Book on board to get on board credits, and they can even transfer to the TA at the same time (we have done this)... works the same as what you describe for the other cruise line.

Archived