Stupid Newbie question

Tahoestarr

Ok...I'm taking my first Princess cruise in February to Mexico on the Dawn. If I love Princess (which I'm sure I will) I want to take advantage of pre booking my next cruise for a lesser deposit (correct?). I'm looking at Hawaii in February of '08 on the Diamond. Now for the stupid question....If I leave a deposit for the future cruise, am I stuck with the booking through Princess? I know when researching this cruise, it was cheaper for me to go through my TA. So, how do I get the lower deposit through Princess(future cruise w/credit), and the lower price with my TA?

You do not need to book your next cruise on board with Princess. You can purchase "Future Cruise Credits" for $100 which is charged to your credit card and not put on your current cruise account. You get a letter with a FCC code on it. Then when you're ready to book your next cruise, just give that code to your TA or Princess and it will take the place of the normally required deposit. Plus you'll get an on-board credit. We always buy at least 2 FCC.

Wow...that's great! So I don't have to stress trying to pick a cruise now...that's wonderful! Thanks for the quick info!!!

yes...it is a great system, and even if you do book a cruise and then change your mind (before final payment) you can transfer your deposit and OBCs to your new booking. We just did that this week, ourselves). So, my point is, if you want do book a particular cabin on a particular cruise, then go ahead and do that while you are on board, you can always change it later.

Putting the 100 dollars down to Princess while on a cruise is a great deal and you will find that most returning cruisers will do this. There will be a special desk area for getting cruise info, and a Princess rep will be available on a limited time basis to assist you. The rep will sort of press you to pick a cruise, but don't get caught up in that unless you are sure of when you want to book. Instead, buy the future cruise credit for any cruise. Its such a great deal and not hard to use in the future.

If the rep is not available, the form to complete is still there at the desk area and you can complete it and drop it in the appropriate box also located at the desk area. They will charge the money to whatever credit card you choose, usually the one you are also using for shipboard credit. The form is easy to complete and they will deliver your confirmation letter to your stateroom mailbox.

Hope you enjoy Princess cruising as much as my family does.

yes...it is a great system, and even if you do book a cruise and then change your mind (before final payment) you can transfer your deposit and OBCs to your new booking. We just did that this week, ourselves). So, my point is, if you want do book a particular cabin on a particular cruise, then go ahead and do that while you are on board, you can always change it later.

Hey Chrysalis

have you changed that transatlantic to join us on Galaxy next Christmas? We wish

Archived