Cruise Directors - who was your best

hipcruzr

Do you remember who most impressed you as the best cruise director and why. The best Cruse Director I remember that I thought the was the greaest was John Heald when he was on the Destiny. He had so much energy, and I remember the "bed time stories"

Over the years (I've been cruising since 1984) the best cruise director I've sailed with was in 1989 on the NCL Dreamward. I cannot remember his name to save my life (has it really been 17 years???) and I wonder where he is now.

The thing that made him the best, in my opinion, was that he could sing and dance (have you seen "If I were not upon the sea?"--this guy MADE the show), he was very attractive, seen EVERYWHERE on the ship, took the time to stop and talk to everyone he saw, and most of all--his material was original and still hysterical. No, "Does the ship have its own power generator? No, it has a really long extention cord plugged into Miami" from this guy. He was the best. Sighhhhh. Memories. ;)

Risa Barnes. Very outgoing, but without the had-way-too-much-coffee hyperness of some cd's I have seen. Very visible on the ship, and a genuinely nice lady. Usually I couldn't care less about who the cd is, but she did make our Celebration cruise even better. :)

Risa Barnes. Very outgoing, but without the had-way-too-much-coffee hyperness of some cd's I have seen. Very visible on the ship, and a genuinely nice lady. Usually I couldn't care less about who the cd is, but she did make our Celebration cruise even better. :)

#1 - Peter Gibbs (unfortunately, he left Carnival and is working on another)

#2 - Mark Price

Wasn't Peter a hoot! We were lucky enough to sail with him twice and I can tell you, he is the "Cat's Meow".

Which cruise line is he with now?? (if you don't mind me asking)

The best yet to this day is Josh Riffe. I had him on my first cruise on the Carnival Holiday in 2001 and again on the Carnival Valor in 2005. Can't say enough good things about him. Although he is no longer with Carnival, he left in December 2005 to pursue a career in broadcasting. I hope he does well at it, because he certainly has the personality for job!

a Carnival ship, but the best we ever had was on a small ship, the Enchanted Isle, out of New Orleans. For anyone that ever sailed this ship, I'm sure will remember Dave Stapleton. Without doubt, the most personable, talented director we have had in our 30+ cruises. I only wish I new where he went after Commodore went bankrupt. If anyone knows, please let me know. THANKS.

Definitely RISA BARNES! She was by far the best CD I've encountered. A little bit lower-key than most, which I liked, and she was all over the ship, chatting w/passengers; sat and had a cuppa coffee w/me on deck one morning. Reminded me of Julie McCoy.:D Thoughts of Michael Mullane also make me smile.

I agree with Risa Barnes. She was amazing, DH was in the spoon thingy they do at the beginning of the cruise and every time we saw her through the cruise....which was very often she always remembered both our names, asked how our day was going. Just a great lady who really seemed to love her job. She was friendly in a genuine way....She also had 2 male assistants and for the life of me I can't remember there names, but there where great also.

I heard she left Celebration but not sure where she is now.

Kim

John Heald, Carnival Destiny - June, 1997

He is so funny, especially because he cracks himself up, that just makes it even more entertaining! :D I'd love to cruise with him again.

Haven't really had a bad cruise director. The only other ones I remember are Corey Schmidt and Larry Garlutzo (sp?), they were both really good too.

Archived