Spirit Air

Annefran

I've seen CC'ers refer to the great prices on Spirit Airlines. I'm confused if it's the same Spirit Airlines that flies out of Atlantic City, NJ or not. Because I have looked their prices during Easter time and they are VERY expensive.

Is there another Spirit Airlines everyone is referring to? If so, what's their website?

I used to fly Spirit often, but I have noticed lately that their flights are just as high if not higher than the other carriers. If you are looking for good fares out of NJ, check Jet blue out of Newark or if you are closer to Philadelphia, I see American has some good fares as well.

As far as I know there is only the one Spirit airline:

http://www.spiritair.com

Part of the secret to their great pricing is signing up for their email specials and then acting on them as soon as they appear cause they go FAST! We are the lucky recipients of $1 fares from ACY to FLL, return flight $89 ea. We had a voucher from a previous flight and the roundtrip tickets ended up costing us next to nothing, thus our Jan cruise! YIPPEE!!!

I think they offer the specials mid week and there are many creative sales...2 for 1, $1, $5, and many other great deals!...and also having flexibility in travel dates. Beside the specials I think the best prices are to book fairly far in advance and also watching for a drop in prices...if it is significant you can rebook, pay a fee ($50), and receive a voucher for the difference. We have done this twice , it's worth watching!

We live close to AC so it's an easy departure for us and we like flying into FLL...have flown Spirit for many years and they have some nice new planes going from FLL over to St Thomas, one of their newer destinations.

We have had great luck w/ their flights as well as good pricing...so I have nothing but good experiences w/ them!

Yep, that's the same Spririt Air. We've also gotten great deals to Florida (Orlando) so keep checking. If you're travelling around a holiday, the fares might be higher. Keep in mind, too, that parking at A.C. Airport is free so that will also save you money if you are planning on driving.

I used to fly Spirit often, but I have noticed lately that their flights are just as high if not higher than the other carriers. If you are looking for good fares out of NJ, check Jet blue out of Newark or if you are closer to Philadelphia, I see American has some good fares as well.

I totally agree! Spirit out of Chicago used to always be the best deal, but AA and UAL have beat their prices by more than $100 on our last 3 trips. The real benefit for Spirit though is when you can get the cheap price and then upgrade to their biz class for only $50...

Well the free part isn't quite right at ACY...it USED to be free parking but they have nominal fees now. The following is from the airports website:

What are the rates?

Long Term – First hour is FREE; each additional hour is $1.00 to a maximum of $5.00 per day.

Short Term – First hour is FREE; each additional hour is $1.00 to a maximum of $12 per day.

I know there is some overflow parking further down the access road and that may still be free but it is a hike from the terminal. One of these days the new garage will be built! I think alot of people are dropped off like we are and no need to leave a car...even if you do the rates are not as bad as any major airport.

I have flown Spirit in the past with very good pricing. However, right now they are the MOST expensive carrier, BY FAR, from Providence to San Juan. I'm not sure what is up with them right now. There is certainly nothing special about either their planes, or their service, that I would spend more to book with them.

I have flown Spirit in the past with very good pricing. However, right now they are the MOST expensive carrier, BY FAR, from Providence to San Juan. I'm not sure what is up with them right now. There is certainly nothing special about either their planes, or their service, that I would spend more to book with them.

They've developed a nice little niche market at PVD for their island service - and they only have 1 A319 a day to FLL. They also have the Ft. Myers market, and think that that a daily A321 can be used for that market.

They've developed a nice little niche market at PVD for their island service - and they only have 1 A319 a day to FLL. They also have the Ft. Myers market, and think that that a daily A321 can be used for that market.

I know that they cut their service down to one flight a day from two to FLL which is their gateway to SJU. However, Southwest services both FLL and Ft. Meyers and I can get to SJU on U.S. Air, Delta, and several other carriers out of PVD for far less than Spirit. So if they think that they have this "little nich" all sowed up and to themselves someone at Spirit isn't paying much attention. Unless maybe their intension is to get out of the PVD market.

I know that they cut their service down to one flight a day from two to FLL which is their gateway to SJU. However, Southwest services both FLL and Ft. Meyers and I can get to SJU on U.S. Air, Delta, and several other carriers out of PVD for far less than Spirit. So if they think that they have this "little nich" all sowed up and to themselves someone at Spirit isn't paying much attention. Unless maybe their intension is to get out of the PVD market.

Yes you can, but the niche is doing pretty well.

I know someone who works for Spirit and he says the PVD flights are almost always full.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spirit eventually bumps up service - all the MD-80s are gone and new airbii are still flowing in.

We've flown Spirit quite a few times into Ft. Lauderdale. Sometimes we got a deal, sometimes we didn't. However, like a previous poster stated, you can get an upgrade to business class(if available) at check-in for as little as $50. We've upgraded everytime, and boy are those seats comfy!!

I was wondering the same thing! We have used Spirit for several years and been pleased with their prices. This year, they have not had good prices unless you can fly on the dates they have sale prices.

One nice thing with Spirit that I have not found with other airlines, they will credit your account if the price of the ticket drops. I asked American and they told me I could have a credit after I paid a ticket change fee of $100:eek: . Spirit also is willing to switch flights if they change the flight time. Once, there was only a change of 15 minutes and they were willing to change my flight, free of charge.

Archived