Tipping in Portofino,s

bygoner

I plan to make a reservation for Portofino,s when I go aboard Explorer of the Seas. Can someone define the tipping policy for me when dining in Portofinos?

The tip is actually included in the $20 fee but if you feel that the service was outstanding and want to tip more there is a space on the check to leave an extra tip. I did because the service was wonderful and it was a really great experience.

I plan to make a reservation for Portofino,s when I go aboard Explorer of the Seas. Can someone define the tipping policy for me when dining in Portofinos?

Tipping is a very personal and subjective matter.

It really your choice if the service is above Par to you and feel they merit it.

We usually do add gatuities but hate it when a requirement is given for them.

As others have posted, there is a gratuity built into the charge for the restaurant, but the service is usually so exceptional that I NEED to leave more.

However, in those circumstances, I always leave cash.

Cash is king, and the server whom you liked so much is assured of getting your $$$ gratitude.

After the first night we ate in Chops on the Enchantment we didn't leave anything extra. We felt the service suffered on the following nights. It's pretty obvious the waiters tell each other who leaves extra and who doesn't. If nobody left an extra tip in the specialty restaurants we wouldn't have to deal with the attitudes from the wait staff.

Archived