Did a Princess ship sail out of NY today (10/1)?

MoonPet

Hi All!

Because of where I live in Brooklyn, the cruise ships heading out of New York City sail right by my apartment. This afternoon, about 5:30pm, I am almost sure I saw a Princess ship go by. However, I didn't get a good enough look at it (there are quite a few trees blocking the view). I heard the ship's "horns" blowing, which is why I went to the window.

I know the Crown left yesterday, 9/30. Was it the Star? I know her next sailing is on 10/7.

Just curious. Thanks!

Visit http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=159

According to this WEB site the only cruise ships that left NY yesterday were the Crown Princess, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Dawn and Carnival Victory.

Thanks for the great link. Funny thing though, I saw two ships leaving yesterday. I'm confident the Norwegian Crown was the first ship that sailed past my building.

I wonder what the second ship was. I'm almost certain it was a Princess ship.

I think I just answered my own question . . . it may have been Explorer of the Seas. Certainly not a Princess ship. But looking at the photos of the ship, it makes sense, and I would imagine that ships leaving out of Bayonne, NJ, have to pass the same way.

Anyone know for sure?

I think I just answered my own question . . . it may have been Explorer of the Seas. Certainly not a Princess ship. But looking at the photos of the ship, it makes sense, and I would imagine that ships leaving out of Bayonne, NJ, have to pass the same way.

Anyone know for sure?

Parents are on that it went to Bermuda and departure time was 5:00 so it was definetly the Explorer of the seas

Archived