Help NCL debug the new Website - post problems here.

calmac

On the Dawn deckplans for deck 10 AD suites (aft), the cabin pic on mouse over for AD's is incorrect.

I don't even think the cabin shown is even on the Dawn.:rolleyes: It shows room dividers -- AD's have curtains.

I noticed that too. I don`t think that is the Dawn either. I know that I have seen that cabin before.......is it a suite on the Crown:confused:

Although I have read all the posts here I can't remember if this has been mentioned or not!

When you select either Norwegian Pearl or Norwegain Gem from the Ships drop down menu there is NO indication anywhere (that I have found anyway) that says that these two ships are still being built. As there are several pictures shown supposedly of both ships, a new NCL customer would make the assumption that these ships are currently sailing and start asking questions specific to their chosen ship. They could also be wondering why they can't book a cruise on either ship for NOW.

I like to do things way in advance.

I did the guest registration form, and booked my excursions on the old system.

I was not able to access any of this information on the new web site.

I called NCL and asked her to check to see if she had my guest registration form, and that it was checked off as complete.

This is what she told me.

They still have all the info from the old system. If I booked with a TA, then I would have to call them, and they could check for me with them.

I said I could give her my booking number, and if she could please check, and she said NO. Call the TA to check.

Also she said my shore excursions would still be there if I booked on the old system.

On the old site, if you have a Latitudes bonus reward certificate to redeem, you simply clicked on the latitudes link, and then on a link that said "redeem a certificate." That link is now gone and I see no way to do it online anymore. There is a phone number to call, but of course online is the way to go. They need to put that link back onto the Latitudes page.

I cannot even get into the ncl website now. They say it is my computer, but the old one worked so I don't think it is that. I called NCL and since I did book with them, they said my registration is complete, but I cannot print it out with the new website. I don't think I like this much.

I cannot even get into the ncl website now. They say it is my computer, but the old one worked so I don't think it is that. I called NCL and since I did book with them, they said my registration is complete, but I cannot print it out with the new website. I don't think I like this much.

If you are using an older computer then you may not have the neccessary drivers for things like Flash. This is the only reason I could think of as to why the site would not be loading for you. Sorry!

I have been trying to update my Advanced Guest Registration but everytime I try to add info concerning my passport, etc. it does not allow me to enter anything and says that my registration is complete. What's with that? I am trying to avoid faxing NCL and would prefer to complete the form online. Dee

One of my pet peeves is websites that rely on flash or any kind of browser plugin. Even with a basic browser, you should never be confronted with a screen with an x where a picture should be, or being told that you have to download/install something to access the site.

I don't object to flash content, but if your browser doesn't support it, there should be an alternate version of that part of the site where you are automatically redirected, or it should give you the option of either downloading the plugin or using a nonflash version of the site.

The company I work at, like many others, does not allow us to install anything on our computers ourselves, and we don't have flash installed. I also frequently browse the internet from a Pocket PC, which has a very basic browser. When I try to look at the new NCL site from work, the front page has that very unattractive x instead of the flash picture; not a very good introduction to the site.

Can anyone confirm that the old reservation page (https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/) is actually being updated? I noticed the cruise date option (starting date) is advancing, but I'm wondering if the pricing is being updated at all? I ask because, fanatic that I am, I am checking fares (hoping that the mini-suite AF drops to about what we paid for our BA, so I can pounce on it and upgrade). The fares for our date are still listed the same as they were before the new website went up. The prices may very well be the same, but I hate calling every day to confirm that (although hold times haven't been as horrible as I feared they would be). I'm also watching availability on the AEs and ADs, just in case NCL might like to do a really inexpensive upsell. (Oh, sweet upsell/upgrade fairy, please hear my plea and give us your blessing!) Right now the old site still shows virtually all of the suites (all categories) available, but I'm not sure how current it is.

shoreguy: Help! Thank you so much for all your good information.

beachchick

One of the things I would like to see -- when I look at the webcam and see that today they are docked at ??? what pier, tomorrow they are out at sea, etc. Wouldn't it be nice that when you look at the webcam it could easily as well link to the corresponding itinerary. This way you know where the ship is for the given day without scrolling thru the long list of itineraries for multiple years. Just a suggestion. ;)

Can anyone confirm that the old reservation page (https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/) is actually being updated? I noticed the cruise date option (starting date) is advancing, but I'm wondering if the pricing is being updated at all? .

beachchick

I can only say the prices for my Dec. Pearl cruise have changed since the new site came on line. Keep in mind the seaweb link is still the booking engine if you go to NCL's international sites so it should still being updated. It uses the same data base that feeds TA pricing.

http://www.uk.ncl.com/

http://eu.ncl.com/index-eu.html

What I found with the new site fares for the Pearl is it does not include taxes and port charges.

NCF (there are no port charges per say anymore) seems to be in but not taxes and insurance like the seaweb booking engine.

New website starting at price balcony 12/2 Pearl - $849

Full price seaweb - $988 - including NCF 200 Tax 50 Ins. 89

So all that is missing on the new site is Tax and ins. just like all the specials on mailings and the old specials page

Archived