Size of Cabins

I have only been on the Majesty of the Seas and had a low level Oceanview Stateroom (122 sq feet). I am going to Alaska on Serenade of the Seas and it reads the room is 170sq feet. Is it going to be a significant difference? Just curious as without being in port everyday I expect we'll spend more time in the room than we did in the Bahamas where we were running from one thing to another seemingly all the time!:p

thanks!

After the oceanview room on Majesty, your room on Serenade will feel like a suite.:D You will have room to walk around a little, a small loveseat, a much larger vanity table, and a much larger closet. The bathroom is even bigger (though not much bigger).

After the Majesty (or the Monarch that we'll be on in January), almost any other cruise cabin will feel large...

But, personally, if you plan on spending a whole lot of time in your cabin, I'd move up to a balcony...

I've cruised in just about every type of cabin around...from insides on the Monarch (at 119 sf) to Suites on the Celebrity M-Class...including insides and oceanviews and balconies)...

If you're paying for an "ocean view", you might as well save money and get an inside...They are the same size and layout on just about every ship...and at night, which is most of the time you're in the cabin, the view out the window is BLACK...

To really feel like you have extra room...and usable room...move up to a balcony--then you have the bed, the sofa and table, the space...PLUS a full sized window to the outside...and more usable footage out on the balcony...

You can sit on the balcony and watch the scenery outside...

If you only have a small window, you'll rather head up to a public deck for a better view of the scenery...

You'll have 48 more sq. feet! I don't know about you, but when I'm on vacation, I want to be comfortable! When I'm spending bunches of money, I like a bit of luxury! We always book a JS--it's about the size of a regular hotel room--plenty of space for 2 without bumping into each other all the time. Lots of storage space, as well. Plus, having a bathtub makes the bathroom much larger!

I know for some, cost is a factor, but I'm not much on camping, and one of those smaller rooms feels like a tent to me!

Archived