cabin allocation QM2 18th November

cruzadict

We have booked a GTY cabin on this sailing and as of yet have not had a cabin number allocated to us. Has anyone else received their cabin number? This is the first time that we have booked a GTY so not sure when numbers will be allocated.

We booked a gty on the same sailing. I was told by the Cunard rep that it would most likely be 30 days or less before the sailing date before we had a cabin assigned. She said it was also possible that we wouldn't know until we arrived at the ship but that that was unlikely. I'm not a patient person so this is not easy!!

MaryT

I know we can't mention specific TA names....but any clues as to where you got your GTY from? I have not come across any among the usual suspects - and they do not appear to be listed on the Cunard site.

Thx

Peter

you can always ask for a gty status if you do not want a particular cabin # be it a travel agent of cunard direct although some of the larger travel agencies buy blocks of rooms and of course they want to fill them first !! best regards

We have booked a GTY cabin on this sailing and as of yet have not had a cabin number allocated to us. Has anyone else received their cabin number? This is the first time that we have booked a GTY so not sure when numbers will be allocated.

GTY cabins are generally allocated about two weeks before the cruise.

You can check on the status of it by using "Personalise your voyage" on the UK website.

Can you only use the 'Personalise Your Voyage' section if you booked direct through Cunard? I didn't and it won't recognise my booking ref so I can't get in to that section

WE BOOKED DIRECT WITH CUNARD AND IT TOOK US MANY TRYS BEFORE WE COULD GET INTO THIS SITE SUCESSFULLY!!

I too booked a grty cabin with one of the major teletext advertisers back in August.

Within a week I went into the voyage personaliser and all our details were there, including the cabin number.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they change the cabin as, looking at the deck layout, it's not a great location.

Dave

Hi Dave

What grade guarantee did you book and which cabin number have you been allocated. Did you get an upgrade.

Hope to meet up with you on cruise.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

I booked a guaranteed D8(i think?) and the cabin number showing on the voyage personaliser is for a D8. That's why I'm hopeing the cabin number is not set in stone, fingers crossed for an upgrade when we check in.

Dave

I recently returned from a QM2 crossing and booked a gty cabin. I received my assignment about 6 or so weeks before the cruise date. I also didn't care for the cabin and called the cruise broker with whom I booked (US based large internet agency). Anyway, the broker called Cunard and was able to get me assigned to a different cabin. You might try and see if you have the same luck if you are unhappy with your current assignment. BTW, I did not receive an upgrade -- but I booked an A2 gty and there wasn't a lot of room to move me (despite my fantasy of receiving an upgrade to grill). Have a happy and smooth crossing!

Daveoc - Just checked Personalize Voyager and we have now been allocated a cabin number, booked D8 but have been upgraded to D3. Has anyone stayed in an inside cabin on the QM2 - are they big enough!! Last time on QM2 we had a balcony cabin. Booked an inside as not sure what seas are going to be like so thought that "ignorance is bliss". Cunard web site shows inside cabins to be 191 sq ft but after checking with Cunard not find that they are in fact 160 sq ft. Do you think it is worth upgrading to an outside cabin? Any info would be most appreciated

Marilyn

Hi,

We had a D6 inside on the Labor Day QM2 cruise. I loved the cabin!! It was indeed about 160 sq feet. However, it was beautiful and had a "warm" feeling to the decor. The only thing I missed was a sofa.

I thought I would really miss the window, however, on this cruise the inside was fine and I would not think twice to book another inside on QM2 again.

Rick

A 'Guarantee' cabin.

You are guaranteed a minimum grade of accommodation for a set price. The up side to this is that you might receive an upgrade. The down side is that you can't choose a specific cabin, nor are you guaranteed which area of the ship you'll be in (fore / aft, which deck etc.). You also have to accept that you may not find out your cabin allocation until you arrive at the port on the day of departure!

Hope this helps.

Archived