Ft. Lauderdale hotel help

Disneycruiser#1

What would be a good price line for Mariott Marina, Emabassy or the Rensaissance. So I need to pick the downtown zones star of 3 or 4???

Thanks!

Embassy Suites is 3* DT...I'm not sure about the others. I know for August, Embassy has been accepting $55 bids. The amount to bid depends on the time of year. What month are you looking at?

I not sure what hotel would be considered the "best' because I feel that each of these each hotel offer different amenities. Since we will be arriving late Fri. night and leaving in the morning, I didn't need a pool, shopping, or dining. I felt that I would bid on a four star hotel to better my chance of "liking what I get".

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 for our last pre-cruise night (January 2004). We got it on priceline for $75 per room. It was nice, 4 star, but in retrospect I would've rather stayed at the Embassy Suites. The Hyatt didn't have free shuttles and we had to buy breakfast--at the Embassy, you get free shuttles from the airport and to the port, plus free GOOD breakfast, plus a nice cocktail party the night before! We're sailing again in Feb 2005 and I'm going to try to get Embassy. The savings on breakfast and shuttle will almost pay for the room.

Thanks everyone the room is needed for the night of August 27th. I can get the Marriott and the Renaissance Hotel for $69 with gov't discount. I would like the Emassy Suites too but without going through Priceline which picks a hotel for me the lowest rate is $116...........

Ok, I am really having a hard time with decision making latley.......I think there is too much on my mind. It took me over 3 hours to find flights for us into FLL for the cruise that were a good price, had enough time for connections and got in early evening and left after 1:00 pm..........the boys and I were in Florida visiting Grandma and Grandpa and just flew back into NC late last night....so that is my excuse ;)

Ok, I can bid on Priceline and bid a 3 star for $55 as someone advised and maybe luck out with Embassy Suites or I can book online using gov't discount and get the Marriott Marina or the Renaissance for $69 plus tax.........what to do???? If we don't get the Embassy Suites and if I bid downtown I do not know anything about the other 3 stars they could put us in..................

I am also a gov't employee, and have been researching deals for a hotel pre-cruise plus parking.

The Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North is running $69 for gov't people. Acc'd to the lady on the phone, when I called today, they charge a flat rate of $15 to park there (one time fee) and they offer a shuttle to the port.

Let me know if you get any deals that are better than this rate. I'd be interested in knowing!!

Carrie

Suncat:

If you're on 17th st, coming from Highway 1 and headed towards the drawbridge, its on your left side of the street, just before Eisenhower Blvd (where Art Institute of Ft Lauderdale is). It's in the Quay shopping plaza, and once you get on that side of the street, the building is by a bunch of Yacht offices. You'll have to look superclose because it isn't marked well at all, and depending on the weather, a large palm in front of the office can swoosh over the sign, hiding it. Your best bet when looking for it is to see the huge hotel that's across Eisenhower from the Art Institute, and it is in the shopping center where that hotels valet parking lot is. They have the huge parking garage attached, and then there a big parking lot, and there will be cones set up with Valet Parking Only signs and such, and it is RIGHT THERE. You just need to make sure you look at the windows of the strip right there, as the budget logo is all over the windows, not up on the building where you would expect to see it. We had one heck of a time finding the place, but finally did after calling the main national number for Budget and getting some help from an operator there. Don't rely on the airport office to help you, Dad and I tried that and they didn't even know exactly where it was!!

Sue I am going to adopt you are better yet can you adopt me (lol). You have helped me make decisions for weeks now....what cruise to go on, what cabin, what flight....you are the best.

Now I have stayed at the Marina several time but not in the last few years.

Do they have a shuttle from the airport to hotel, I remember the hotel as being nice, do they have food or restuarant choices for dinner? How far are they from the port and do we just take a taxi?

I can also get the Renaissance for the same price?

I've been to both Embassy Suites and Marriott Marina, but not Renaissance. I think the Marriott is a step above Embassy, but truthfully, I prefer to stay at Embassy because I like the breakfast and the suite size of the room. It really depends on what's important to you (like everything else). Either way you'll have a great experience.

When we stayed at Marriott Marina it was in January and we used priceline, getting the room for $70. When I arrived I asked if we could have a room facing where the ships were and we got a room on the concierge floor with a balcony that looked right at the ship (Coral innaugural). It was quite a thrill!!and we got breakfast included in the concierge lounge-very nice!

A couple of questions for those knowledgeable posters. I am interested in staying in a hotel on the water taxi route near the cruise piers. Are any of these hotels listed, Amerisuites, Marriots, La Quinta close to that? We are not good walkers and prefer not to have to use two modes of transport to sightsee. On the same issue of hotels, I have gone onto many web sites and the quotes are much higher than mentioned here when people have booked direct. I would be using either, AAA, AARP or senior discounts. Would it be because its too far out for deals? I am looking for dates of April 2005. Getting frustrated because rates in the $200/night are much higher than I thought. I haven't learned enough to try Priceline yet, also thought it might be too early. Any help?

Disneycruiser, I think that http://www.biddingfortravel.com is the best Priceline/Hotwire help bidding website out there. All you do is click on Ft. Lauderdale hotels and you can actually read hotel reviews from MSN's Trip Advisor and from Priceline users. I don't go anywhere without it, and especially at Disney, you can really save the big bucks by following that site!

You can see exactly what people are bidding and what they are getting, hopefully for your dates. However, I wouldn't post in asking too many questions because they are really strict about asking for help. You would have to read all of their FAQ's first! Good luck, I am sure that any of those 3 hotels will be great!

Two Cats,

The Doubletree Galleria has a water taxi stop just out side it's back door. We stayed there, but was not impressed with the hotel. But it was clean. There was also someother one closer to the beach that were close to the water taxi. Between the Galleria and Hyatt pier 66(? or whatever one has the revolving bar).The one with the revolving bar entails a long walk to the water taxi stop. It is on their property but it is all spread out.

I went ahead and booked the Marriott Marina for a rate of $69 plus tax which is a good deal. At least that military ID comes in good for something.....considering we are going on this cruise before my husband deploys to Iraq :( but happy thoughts. I re-read the thread and was still wondering does the Marriott Marina have a shuttle from the airport or will we need to get a taxi. I assume we need to take a taxi to the port but it is close. Once again, a big thank you to everyone :)

They do have a shuttle but it's about a $5 cab ride away, if you'd like to just go at your convenience. I think that's worth $5.

Priceline isn't my thing, but now that you've got a guaranteed reservation, you could also try to bid for something less expensive, and cancel your Mariott reservation, if your bid is accepted.

Archived