Crown 9/21 notes

jennbill

That's great to hear. We're in C749 in a few weeks and I can't wait.

Did you feel much movement back here?

There certainly was plenty of pitching felt on the Friday morning going across to Bermuda when there was a fairly heavy swell. However, it became obvious that everyone was mentioning that including the captain in his daily PA announcement. After that though we didn't notice anything at all.

Jennbill sorry you missed the CC get together. We were all looking forward to meeting you both.

I loved the ship and the crew however I did find the food quality had dropped from the Caribbean Princess last year. We didn't starve of course! LOL. The ship is lovely but the elevators were hit and miss as far as working and disembarking was a horror. Everything else was just fine, no need to worry about your voyage! Bon Voyage all!

disembarking was a horror

A horror???? Come on, isn't that a bit over the top? The Dictionary defines horror as an overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting; a shuddering fear: .

is that how you really felt?? Yes, disembarking was slow and somewhat disorganized, both on the ship and in the cruise terminal. Yes, the delay was frustrating. Yes, it caused us to miss our 12:30 flight. Yes, it cost us $50 to rebook on a later flight on JetBlue. I'd call that a bit frustrating, but it really was no big deal.

I'm reading more and more about how negative these message boards are getting. This is another example of someone taking things way to the extreme, and it's too bad. This wasn't that big of a deal.

I'm reading more and more about how negative these message boards are getting. This is another example of someone taking things way to the extreme, and it's too bad. This wasn't that big of a deal.

The way I see it, the way these boards are becoming negative is that people like you are jumping all over anyone who has anything negative to say about their cruise. People are entitled to articulate their experiences any way they see fit without having someone else place judgment on their semantics. Many of us appreciate hearing about the bad and not having it glossed over by those who prefer to minimize inconveniences. I am tired of people getting flamed for having something negative to say.

I can certainly understand how you're getting tired after being on this forum all of a few weeks and posting all of eight times.

I clearly stated that I WAS inconvenienced and THAT is was a problem, so I certainly didn't avoid saying anything negative nor did I gloss over it. I stated the facts.

Semantics is the study of meaning. Based on the definition (the MEANING) of the word RM used, it was a gross overstatement. That's not opinion, that's fact!

Steve this is my take on debarking, it may not be yours but I'm allowed to express my opinion and I try to do so honestly and clearly.

Princess needs to make major improvements at this pier because it doesn't get any better week after week. JMHO

Steve13, I maintain my support for RM. Your sarcasm does not contribute anything positive. I didn't have a problem with you stating your views, but I hate seeing people being criticized and bullied becuse of what they choose to write about their expereience.

Steve13, I maintain my support for RM. Your sarcasm does not contribute anything positive. I didn't have a problem with you stating your views, but I hate seeing people being criticized and bullied becuse of what they choose to write about their expereience.

Seems like your attack on me is also critical and bullying. Perhaps you should take your own words to heart.

RM-

You've met me, so I hope you know that I wasn't taking issue with your take. As I've said before, people are entitled to their opinions. I just thought your wording was way over the top. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe I'm having cruise ship withdrawals!

Now, let's get back to the topic of the thread. The OP doesn't deserve to have their thread hijacked!

This was a great cruise. I'm kinda puzzled by all of the negative reviews.

Some highlights and lowlights in no particular order. (This was our 11th cruise and third Princess so we are somewhat experienced.)

Embarkation was a breeze. Disembarkation was super easy. We did express and were in the first group off.

Thought the staff was very friendly.

International Cafe was cool. The gelato was killer and the cookies were perfect for a midnight snack. The staff there was great. Thanks for the free gelato.

MUTS was great. Never made it to a movie but loved football on it. Especially Monday night.

Food was very good. Lamb chops in dining room were great. Lobster very good. Most beef dishes good. Crown Grill was the best. Requested counter seating and were not disappointed. Mounds of crab legs as an extra before our appetizer. Staff was great.

Production shows bored us to death. Sarge was very, very funny. Jonathan Kaye's Elton John tribute was outstanding. Cool Magic Dude and one of the comedians in Explorer's Lounge were horrible. Spank was one of the best acts we've ever seen on a ship. They deserved more than four songs in the Piazza and opening for the Dude.

Piazza was very nice. Vines was good. Most drink service was very good.

Weren't onboard for the power outage in San Juan and I'm sure it was frustrating.

Elevators did kinda suck.

Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe were good. Great burger and pizza with never a wait.

Most lounge acts were good to very good. Piano player in martini bar was fun.

Ship was beautiful but hard to navigate for the first couple of days. Once past that, we loved it.

This was one of our two or three best cruises and are thinking about next September. Will be glad to respond to questions.

Nice review, The ony question I have is about the formal nights. Were most of the passengers in formal wear? Like our last cruise, I rented a tux but I'm still curious.

Suits were probably in the majority 70/30. I always travel with my dark blue suit and change it up with shirts and ties; I let Jennifer class us up with her formals.

RM, sorry we didn't make it to the get together. We're horrible about this. Only once or twice have we actually made it to one of these. We tend to keep to ourselves.

C752 is a good aft balcony. The only ones better were on the Summit and Explorer of the Seas. Had C752 on the Golden 9/04 and it was good but the Crown was somewhat larger.

RM, we thought the food was better than the Golden and on par with the Dawn from 1/00. The first couple of nights were a little shaky with me ordering from the anytime menu but then it got really good. Lamb was great, lobster very good, beef always good, shrimp cocktail every night was great. I only decided to try the pasta course about half way through the cruise. What a mistake. Outstanding.

This was a great cruise.

I agree about the first 3 menus but it did get much better after that. Glad to hear you both enjoyed yourselves. Maybe we'll meet one day on another cruise. I've got an open booking on Princess, sometime in the next 4 years.

Can Someone Tell Me About The Seafood Buffet On First Night,when, Where, Hours?crown.oct 18 Can't Wait!thanks

It's in the Horizon Court (deck 15) from about 6 to 11. The seafood is good, although some claim it's a bit salty. Some of it was obviously frozen before, so don't let that bother you. If you get some midly frozen pieces, just let it sit on your plate for a couple of minutes and it will be fine.

You'll enjoy the Crown. Have a great cruise!

I agree with Steve. Went for a little pre-dinner snack and the seafood was okay. Some of the lobster claws were better than others but the crab was decent and the boiled shrimp were great. The fried shrimp on the embarkation buffet were also very good. In fact, almost all of the seafood we tried on this cruise was good. Scallops, mahi, lobster, crab legs, shrimp, etc. The lamb chops were outstanding. Some of the best I've ever eaten.

Yes, I'm missing the Calamari! Pictures soon.

I loved the seafood buffet. Yes some of it was better than others but the seafood on this ship was excellent for the mostpart.

Jennbill I forgot about the Fried Shrimp! They were wonderful!!!!!!

Archived