Extended Balcony Question

PeggySand

Hi Everyone!!

Our cabin on the 12-09-06 Spirit has now been assigned. We paid for a Balcony Guarantee, and since there was a price drop, we now have an assigned cabin which is Veranda Deck 7179. We have had a regular balcony many times, but have never had an extended balcony. I don't suppose that anyone has a picture so I can see the difference?? A picture from any of the Spirit Class ships would been fine. I am wondering if there is room for a deck chair out there so I can lay down and enjoy the sound of the sea from my own balcony.

I am sort of relieved to have an assigned cabin on a deck that is between decks of cabins rather than under the pool deck for instance. This will be our first time on the Spirit, and I am looking forward to cruising on this ship. Everyone who has mentioned the Spirit on these boards has been pretty positive about their experiences.

Thanks for helping,

Peggy

A regular balcony is 9 feet by 4 feet. And extended is 9 feet by 6 feet. I would think you could do it... but it will be a bit tight. You need room for the door to open too.

I have and extended booked too. I'm going to give it a shot and see if I like it better than the regular.

Regular balcony is as small as a broom closet compared to the massive feel of extended! Just a little exageration here but you'll love the difference.

We had a extended balcony on Miracle and loved it. Only 2 of us this time.

PVP tried to talk us into one when we did hte Miracle a year ago with 3 in cabin. But stubborn here wanted a specific cabin. Wish I would have listen PVP. Extended would have been great for 3 people. Regular was way to congesgted when we put 3 chairs out there. Next time I will listen.

I have to agree with the previous poster comment

Thanks for all of your replies. Do any of you have a picture of your extended balcony that you can share??

Rena921 -- that's what I am hoping for....... the chance to doze off in the night listening to the sound of the ocean....... okay, I'm dreaming about that early morning coffee out on the balcony, too!!

Thanks again,

Peggy

Not sure if I have any pics on my web shots page or not. Click on the link below and check out the Miracle July 05 sailing.

We had cocktails on the balcony every evening right before dinner and coffee and croissants every morning.....awesome. Just make sure to grab your steward right away to get a good deck chair (or you might end up with one of the funky poolside chairs with the plastic straps). We tipped our steward an extra $20 and he brought a great chair within 15 minutes! and arraigned the seating so we had optimal space.

Looking forward to our extended balcony when we sail on the Spirit Northbound Passage to Alaska next June!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the photo, BelizePlease..... Looks like you had a fun group! The balcony definitely looks deeper than what we have had before.

Rena921, I will ask the room steward for a deck chair as soon as we can, that's a great idea.

I wish December would hurry up and get here!!

Peggy

For a really awesome extended balcony book early and get cabin 7258 and others in that general area on the Spirit Class that are laid out similarly. Note though a few have been designated “handicapped” but not all. I have an old catalog in front of me or I would tell you exactly which ones to chose. 7258 is not handicapped, unless they’ve changed it since we sailed her.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

Archived