Sovereign of the Seas OR Mejesty of the Seas?

St.Love

Which one do you prefer? I have only been on one cruise and it was a few days ago on Carnival Inpsiration. I hear some say I should stick with Carnival and some say RCI is better. I went ahead and booked with Sovereign of the Seas because we wanted to try something different. RC told me that I had a choice between the Sovereign of the Seas or the Majesty of the Seas for the same price and they leave the same date to the same places.:)

Which one would you say is better :)

On a 3 day, the majesty does not go to key west, it does coco cay and nassau on alternate days to the sovereign. If you are planning to go before majesty comes out of dry dock in February, then I would do Sovereign, if it is after February, then both ships should be pretty much the same, then I would choose based on the ease of getting to Miami or Port Canaveral. As we live 10 miles from PC then Sovereign would be my choice, although we are doing a 3 day on Majesty in October, as our favorite singer is transferring to the Majesty for 3 months and we wanted to share his first cruise with him.

On a 3 day, the majesty does not go to key west, it does coco cay and nassau on alternate days to the sovereign. If you are planning to go before majesty comes out of dry dock in February, then I would do Sovereign, if it is after February, then both ships should be pretty much the same, then I would choose based on the ease of getting to Miami or Port Canaveral. As we live 10 miles from PC then Sovereign would be my choice, although we are doing a 3 day on Majesty in October, as our favorite singer is transferring to the Majesty for 3 months and we wanted to share his first cruise with him.
I agree with this.

I would also add that I don't know if they are doing anything to the Majesty besides clean her up, but Sovereign has Sorrento's and Johnny Rockets. The new/refurbished Bolero's Lounge on SOS is particularly nice, too.

Even if you're plannng on doing the 4 day where the Majesty goes to Key West I would still choose the Sovereign. Key West has become so overcrowded with tourists when the ships are in port that it's really not as enjoyable as it used to be. There are no really nice beaches unless you're doing an excursion of some kind and the shopping isn't anything spectacular. Having the extra day at sea on the Sovereign really made the cruise seem longer and it was so great to have a relaxing day before the cruise ended. Just my opinion.

Archived