Does SS category get priority board

stuNYC

My DW is in a wheelchair and we usually request priority boarding. When I asked my TA she said she didn't need to make that request since I was booking a "suite".; but in reading the HAL brochure it appears that only deluxe suites get priority boarding. If this is true I need to know whether to ask my TA to request

SS passengers are not granted priority boarding, but because your daughter is in a wheelchair, she (and her cabinmates) will be able to board with the first group, if you get there when the door opens. I'm not certain of the procedure for late arrivers, but it makes sense not to ask you to wait in line to board.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

candy ---fyi --dw is dear wife and not daughter

stuny --- you will have to request priority boarding for your wife as candy has posted

:eek: That's what happens when I try to post and watch Days of our Lives at the same time. I hope I did not offend anyone, and I'll be more careful in the future.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

When I asked my TA she said she didn't need to make that request since I was booking a "suite".; but in reading the HAL brochure it appears that only deluxe suites get priority boarding.
your TA needs a refresher course on HAL cabin categories and the benefits associated with them.

your TA needs a refresher course on HAL cabin categories and the benefits associated with them.

And HAL should make their cabin categories easier to follow. SS, SA, SB ... S this and S that. How about anything with an S is a full suite and gets "the suite life" perks? Any suite category without the "S" in front is more like a "mini suite" and does not qualify for the suite perks? Sure would make things clearer, to both the TA's and the passengers.

Blue skies ...

--rita

My DW is in a wheelchair and we usually request priority boarding. When I asked my TA she said she didn't need to make that request since I was booking a "suite".; but in reading the HAL brochure it appears that only deluxe suites get priority boarding. If this is true I need to know whether to ask my TA to request

Wheelchair proirity boarding doesn't necessarily mean you will board first.

Boarding the Zaandam in Seattle, we had wheelchair boarding. I had to put my Moms name on a sheet and then wait to be called. A steward will come and push the chair for you. Able-bodied were boarding at the same time.

The regular line was moving quickly so I moved over there,checked in and wheeled my mom past the still waiting people in the handicap area.

If you are capable of pushing the chair yourself and have your carry-ons in a knapsack keeping your hands free, I reccommend that.

I figured my mom would be more comfortable on the ship than in a waiting area in the terminal.

It could be different at other ports, but the above was my experience. And the slow wheelchair boarding could be because there probably weren't many stewards pushing chairs, so it took time to take people all the way to their cabin and come back for the next person.

To answer your question more directly.....there is no need to request it before you leave home because there will be some process in place when you arrive at the port.

I thought I read somewhere on the boards that a Deluxe Verandah Suite guest gets priority boarding and priority tendering? Is this not true? What is a SS catagory? We are S category booked in the Deluxe in January on the Volendam.

I thought I read somewhere on the boards that a Deluxe Verandah Suite guest gets priority boarding and priority tendering? Is this not true? What is a SS catagory? We are S category booked in the Deluxe in January on the Volendam.

Category S (SA, SB, SC) is a Deluxe Suite with the really good perks, including use of the Neptune Lounge and priority boarding and tendering. Call this a Full Suite.

Category SS (SS, SY, SZ) is a Superior Suite, with some perks, but not including those mentioned above. You might call this a Mini-Suite.

I know, the Deluxe Suite is superior to the Superior Suite, but that's just the way it is.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Archived