10 Day Fall Caribbean Menus are Posted

drdaddy

I finally decided DH must let me have white wine two nights :p (he's a red wine guy). the first night I want a sparkling wine to go with the mussels, pepper pot sout, and mahi mahi. then on night four, I want a French white to go with vouauvent with chicken, island gumbo (which is nothing like Louisiana gumbo which my DH always get to hear since I am a Louisiana native, but it's a good soup anyway:p ) and the dover sole. I have already started lobbying for these choices.

Joan and joe, you are so right about the Caribbean theme. I like that too because those are nice items that you don't see prepared that style at home.

Now I also noticed no SOUFFLES? We seem to get a flambe each night but no souffle. Interesting but no show stopper since the other desserts look great.

White wine the Other half of the wine list....

• 1 month later...

I was so glad to have these menus ahead of time. Thanks again!

DH did go along with my white wines. The mahi mahi was fantastic and so was the sole, we both enjoyed them with our white wine:p the 8 bottles of red weren't bad either.:p

After we saw that the actual menu was identical to the one posted on the first two night we stopped looking at the menus ahead of going to the dining room. So they did catch us by surprise on a couple of little items.

On day six, the served the menu listed here for day eight.

On day seven, we had the Master chef's dinner.

On day eight, we had the menu listed here for day 6.

So we ended up with dinner in the PG even though we wanted to try the Master chef menu. We were not able to change the reservation; we were told all the reservations were set for the rest of the cruise. but this worked out ok, because they dropped lamb from the master chef menu on our cruise and I had fantastic lamb in the PG. DH thought his ribeye was only average.:o

On a positive note, there were souffles on the dessert menu at least half of the nights. One or two were a little dry but the sauces were great and moistened that souffle right up!!! The chocolate desserts were nice and chocolately. If you love really sweet desserts, some will disappoint. I like mildly sweet and was in paradise!!!

Thanks for the 10 day menu.....

We are on a 10 dayer in January.

It amazes me when I read CC and find the amount of people that complain about the menu! It is varied and if you order something and are not happy with it - simply order another entree......

I am drooling at this point! AND my doctor just told me to lose 20Lbs....

Ya sure!! :D

Archived