10 Day Fall Caribbean Menus are Posted

drdaddy

If anyone is interested (and I am sure you all are), I have posted the tentative 10 day Fall Caribbean Menus. I have a feeling they are not unique to any ship, that all the ships will have same with some variations.

I have been asked to remind everyone that these are NOT set in stone and they could very well change. But it is a good starting point.

Go to our roll call thread with this link. And say HI! while you are there, too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=369902&page=10

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This menu looks delicious. DH and I recently returned from a Princess cruise and we were very disappointed in the dining room menu. Some nights I could not decide what to have. Not because everything looked good...but because nothing was appealing.

With these menus. I know I will have a hard time deciding because EVERYTHING SOUNDS DELICIOUS! Yum

Guess I better seriously watch what I eat now....so I can indulge in January.

I have a "source". On our first HAL cruise we had some issues and they did not get resolved to our satisfaction, mostly the Seattle corporate office. But some folks at HAL who deal directly with the passengers are really helpful and makes the medicine go down a little easier. So we are on our third HAL cruise and I always have questions for this guy and he always comes through. I have explained to him how anal some of us can be and I am the president of that club, I think. So he tolerates me and comes up with this stuff. He doesn't seem to mind.

For Tootiesmom,

these menus are very similar to the 7 day we did last year. Just condense it a bit and it comes out to a 7 day menu. As a matter of fact, I think I posted the 7 day menu on the same thread, just a few pages earlier!:p

thank you for the posting...I see all my favorites and many nights where I will be eating a pair...hope for a long walk every morning :)

OOOOPS, I got the wrong tom in the header, my apologies to all, I need more coffee, please.

I hear you about the pair. We printed the menus. and I went through and marked my choices (current ones, I'll probably change each time I look at it) so DH would have an idea for the wines. We plan on bringing some on board and he is in charge of that (as if anyone else could be?:) ) And I had two choices picked on three different nights. He asked "Are you really going to order two?" Duhhhhh - on the last cruise I ordered two one night and the other lady at our table pointed to my duck and said who is that for, I said me then she pointed at my lamb and said who is that for and I said me. She kinda clammed up after that. hee hee

doesn't bother me a bit, I carry a few too many pounds (love that promenad deck on the ship, hit it twice a day usually) but it's not the cruises that add weight to me, it's sitting at a desk 8 hours a day at work.

anyway I thought it was so funny that he had never noticed in many years of cruising how many times I have double ordered, but that's kinda of nice too, each day is a new day that way.:p

so what looks good to everyone? I've got a star by the lamb chops and rack o lamb, Oysters Rockefeller, tiramisu, cinnamon ice cream,mud pie, escargots,brie in phyllo.

I did not see any of my old favorites missing. I think I noticed chocolate desserts on many more nights. No meatloaf? yea!

Thanks for typing that all up:) I saw a lot of similiar things for our 4 days on the Veendam (which was the 1st 4 of a 34 day) We will be on a 10 day in November so I am sure it will be very much the same. I did realize that when I read the last day and saw Parmesean Crusted Chicken that I knew I missed something on that last cruise:( That seems to always be served the last night and I really like it. Of course I saw several of other favorites in there as well:p

Thanks for thinking that I am that diligent! I love you guys but are you kidding? I received this via email and cut and pasted so it fit in post.

BTW, I mentioned that the 7 day menus are on a post a little earlier in the thread. These 7 day menus are from Fall, 2005. But also a good starting point. They did change a bit once we set sail.

Oh boy! Talk about incentives to work hard and plan well for crusing! Thanks so much. I'd forgotten some of the specials and now I can sort of plan when to get the duck or lamb and not miss what else I truly enjoy. Of course double is always an option ....if I didn't like dessert so much. :)

Blessings,

Gail

How depressing. I want ALL the items at the Captains Welcome Dinner:D

So cruel to put so many prime choices in one meal. I think my DH and I will have to order 2 entrees apiece to sample the ones we can't bear to miss.

Thanks from us as well. On our 11 day Noordam cruise (11/25), we will, hopefully, have all those great choices, plus another day of great choices. Better choices are the reason why we are in the minority of people who think HAL has better food than Celebrity (X).

There were a few things that were of particular interest to us. One is that Dutch night is back, as is Dover sole. Another is that there is a fruit plate always avaialble for dessert. That's especially helpful on Master Chef's night, when both of us are allergic to the standard dessert. (One chocolate allergy, one strawberry allergy--obviously neither of us will have the chocolate covered strawberries in the Neptune Lounge.) A third is the fact that there's at least some lip service given to the fact that the ships will be in the Caribbean. Every menu has some "island" inspired dishes, or dishes with mangos. Again, a sharp departure from X, which has a generic menu no matter where the ships are.

It will be interesting to see how HAL food compares with Regent and Windstar.

With menus this good, why does anyone need to spend $30 on the Pinnacle Grill?

Archived