Coke or Pepsi

bankerbabe

So I wonder where Diet Dr Pepper fits in since it is kinda on its own now?? :D

ah just read the Dr Pepper thread! so if i want it I have to bring it! YEah I can see it now " honey will you get the diet Dr Pepper out of the trunk too..... LOL"

So misunderstood :)

ah just read the Dr Pepper thread! "

What Dr. Pepper thread? Where? When? Who? How?

As an aside, I have made it a game to look for my nectar, DP, in all ports. You will be amazed where you will and will not find it, but it makes the most sense to BYODP.

As an aside, I have made it a game to look for my nectar, DP, in all ports. You will be amazed where you will and will not find it, but it makes the most sense to BYODP.

Hammy - On the inaugural Noordam docked at Crown Bay. Since we had just had a beach day in Tortola the day before, John & I decided to wander around the marina right next door. Verrrrrry interesting grocery products & sodas in 12-packs. Don't remember which ones exactly, sorry, but DO remember the prices - about $10 per 12-pack! :eek:

HAL is a coke ship line now.

Depending on the bottler too...

Even in this Consumer haven there are some stores which distribute Dr. Pepper with Coke and some with Pepsi.

EG: A&P (Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company) GAP:NYSE has in some regions it with Coke Products.. in some Pepsi Products..

Shop Rite Wakeferren Corp is a Cooperative and some have 2 stores some have 47 stores and some DP Coke products some DP Pepsi priducts

But one thing I did not see in the Co2 drinks here is that outside America the Sodas are different tasting and not consistant .

More than the distilled water used too.. the syrup ratios and flavorings...

We bring our own DP and RB on board so we do know what we are consuming.

:D

That is my new personal favorite. Glad to see Target offers it in their restaurant. I so look forward to Coke Zero replacing Diet Coke. For those who have stepped down from REAL COKE - there is no comparison.

Ah, if we could only get the real coke in America. It hasn't been made for many years here. Instead, we get "classic" coke which is different. When I go to Europe I drink coke because it is the real thing and the word "classic' is nowhere to be seen on the label. What's the difference??? The difference is that classic coke is made with corn syrup. Real coke is made with sugar. Look at the ingredient label. To my funny taste buds classic coke has a hint of pancake syrup flavor. Pepsi is less offensive to me so I bring it along on a cruise. Besides, I shouldn't drink caffeine so I opt for caffeine-free pepsi. No cruise line that I know of offers caffeine-free coke or pepsi.

Amusea, any chance you live in a (north) border state? If so, some cross border shopping will fix this problem. Canadian Coke is labelled "Classic", but that magic second ingredient is still *sugar*

I just returned from Montreal and Toronto and tried a coke. Maybe it was my imagination but somehow it didn't taste quite like the real thing. I know that Mexico ( which I am nearer) used to have the real coke but now it is classic and doesn't taste very good. Sometimes the label says "corn syrup and/or sugar". That certainly covers all bases.

While I was in Berlin last year I passed a showroom for coca-cola! - actually an office building for coke with some kind of showroom on the ground floor. I couldn't help myself so I went in and gave them my soapbox lecture about real versus classic coke. They seemed amazed and didn't know there was a difference. The sales people on the floor called one of the VP's who came down personally to thank me for my interest and they gave me a six pack of the real stuff. I keep hoping that Atlanta headquarters will keep their hands off the European coke. And, I'll be in the Far East next year (on the Amsterdam) and you know what I will definitely sample.

Ah, if we could only get the real coke in America. It hasn't been made for many years here. Instead, we get "classic" coke which is different. When I go to Europe I drink coke because it is the real thing and the word "classic' is nowhere to be seen on the label. What's the difference??? The difference is that classic coke is made with corn syrup. Real coke is made with sugar. Look at the ingredient label. To my funny taste buds classic coke has a hint of pancake syrup flavor. Pepsi is less offensive to me so I bring it along on a cruise. Besides, I shouldn't drink caffeine so I opt for caffeine-free pepsi. No cruise line that I know of offers caffeine-free coke or pepsi.

Here's the deal with Coke Zero. If you were a regular Coke drinker and were forced to switch to Diet Coke; then Coke Zero is heaven. Cold enough, it almost tastes like REAL COKE. If you were/are a Diet Coke drinker I bet it tastes too sweet...too much like regular Coke. So, as someone who grew up on the sugar-infested Coke; Coke Zero is heaven sent (after drinking Diet Coke for years). I agree about the poster regards Coke Classic and all that nonsense. The real stuff in the US is still not the same as it once was.

I gotta try Coke Zero

And for the record I thought Classic Coke came about after the idiots tampered with the formula back in 1983 and had to backpedal to the original recipe...

You are absolutely correct. The company brought out "new coke" or some such thing and it was a flop. Then they advertised that they were returning to the "classic formula". But instead they cheapened a key ingredient and original coke was dead in the USA. Somehow the coke from fountains or machines where the syrup and seltzer are mixed on the spot is still slightly better than pre-mixed cans or bottles for some reason.

Coca Cola has the exclusive rights on all Carnival Corporation ships. Pepsi would love to get it but has had the door shut on them for years.

I love taking cruises where they restock in some parts of Europe, Australia, New Zealand or some other countries where Coke is still made with sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. Take a look at your next can when you are on a far east cruise. The taste reminds you of what Coke "used" to taste like. It isn't as sweet and has that old bite.

I personally can't handle the taste of aspartame so Diet Coke and Coke Zero aren't an option for me.

Take care,

Mike

Try a glass bottle 8oz coca-cola...it has more carbonation in them. The glass allows for this....plastic break down carbonation, that is why they have a shelf life of on 75 days, a can is around a year for Coca-Cola and 90 days for diets. Glass bottles have a shelf life of around a year, and IMO they are the best...I work for coca-cola and when we have employee purchase I always make sure I have a case of 8oz Coca-Cola

Archived