Serenade R/T which side to be on?

Sue L

CRAZY.

I just posted for you in the RCI part of this posting board and I just came to check the Alaskan boards to find you posted the same Q here too!! Confused me! Ha! Guess you didn't need me to tell you about the Alaskan boards. :rolleyes:

CRAZY.

I just posted for you in the RCI part of this posting board and I just came to check the Alaskan boards to find you posted the same Q here too!! Confused me! Ha! Guess you didn't need me to tell you about the Alaskan boards. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting both places I figured I would get the most responses this way. LOL;)

If you're on a roundtrip cruise - does it matter? However, according to Budget Queen, if you're going to Glacier Bay and staying on your balcony to see it, you want a balcony on the PORT side. Since you're on Serenade - I don't know if that holds true for viewing Hubbard Glacier.

We did the same trip in September. It really doesn't matter which side you're on. What you don't see going up, you will see coming back. As far as Hubbard glacier is concerned, they cruise with the starboard side to the glacier and then turn the ship around and cruise so the port side is to the glacier. Same amount of time each way. Regardless, it is a fabulous trip. In ports, we docked on the starboard side in Skagway and Juneau. We docked on the port side in Ketchikan. Maybe that makes a difference to you. The ship is BEAUTIFUL! What cabin do you have? We were in 9078. It had a huge balcony.

We did the same trip in September. It really doesn't matter which side you're on. What you don't see going up, you will see coming back. As far as Hubbard glacier is concerned, they cruise with the starboard side to the glacier and then turn the ship around and cruise so the port side is to the glacier. Same amount of time each way. Regardless, it is a fabulous trip. In ports, we docked on the starboard side in Skagway and Juneau. We docked on the port side in Ketchikan. Maybe that makes a difference to you. The ship is BEAUTIFUL! What cabin do you have? We were in 9078. It had a huge balcony.

We are on deck 8 first cabin on the hump. 8586 , I prefer deck 9 but we needed 2 cabins close by and they were all gone. We just stayed on the hump on the Explorer also on deck 8 and it was soooooo convienent.

We had an oceanview starboard side and saw a lot of sceneary. Approaching Hubbard, the starboard side would be best although the captain turns the ship around. For Hubbard though, definately get out on deck for full viewing. Overall, we passed lighthouses, whales, towns, etc. on both sides.

We chose balconies on the starboard side for our upcoming cruise on the Serenade. We sailed northbound this year on the same side and loved the views. Since we're going RT I thought it would be nice to be on the Vancouver Island side on our way back....

Archived