Single guy going solo has question

Nip/Tuck

Hi,

40 yr old single active male planning on a late January or anytime in February cruise. Prefer Carribean or Mexico.

Want to go solo to relax and have fun. Need suggestion on what cruise I should book? Would like recomendations regarding activities, single ladies, and overall cruise ship experieince for a single solo guy.

There seem to be so many cruises going during this time frame and I want to make the right choice.

I will check back frequently for your replies.

Thanx,

Sean Christian:cool:

Hi,

40 yr old single active male planning on a late January or anytime in February cruise. Prefer Carribean or Mexico.

Want to go solo to relax and have fun. Need suggestion on what cruise I should book? Would like recomendations regarding activities, single ladies, and overall cruise ship experieince for a single solo guy.

There seem to be so many cruises going during this time frame and I want to make the right choice.

Thanx,

Back from a 3 day solo on the Statendam. Noted that many of the solos didn't start running into each other until near the end of the cruise. My guess is that many of the solos are in stealth mode - have met many who just wanted to get away from it all - recently widowed, divorced, small business owners or consultant/auditors and the like who end up with bits and pieces of vacation time here and there. Go for a line with a younger crowd - no more than 7 days, Carnival, RC or a step or two higher up the food chain.

I recommend Carnival...one of their larger ships. With 3000+ passengers, you will find people of all ages and backgrounds, and a lot of singles as well. Also, I think Carnival is the "kindest" when it comes to singles rates. Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback so far. I have been strongly advised to stay away from cruising during March & April as I do not want to be part of the spring break nuts. I prefer people in my own age group instead of the young 20 somethings doing springbreak or even the teens & families; no thank you.

I received a message from someone regarding an excellent idea I wanted to share with others. I am signing up for the 1/20/07 cruise going to Mexico with the *********** company as it is a single scruise for 40 somethings. Itinerary looks great and from my research the company has a very good reputation.

Thanks for all of your help.

Please note the title description of this forum toward the top of the page:

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

It says line, not agent, agency, or other cruise-related site or message board. And of course, we now have a forum just for the Solo Cruisers started 03/10/06. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

The name of any agent/agency or other cruise-related site or message board -- even if "masked" -- is not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts or signatures. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts.

Per Community Guidelines:

... Messages posted in Cruise Critic must conform to our Community Guidelines found in this area. Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed from the cruise boards without notice...

... Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads...

... We're sorry, but Cruise Critic regrets that only official Cruise Critic Group Cruises may be promoted anywhere on our cruise forums. This includes graphics, links, banners and references to any non-Cruise Critic Group Cruise. Any promotional material posted on the forums about non-Cruise Critic Group Cruises will be removed without notice...

... Please note that Cruise Critic will, from time to time, make changes to these Community Guidelines without notice to reflect current climates within the Community. Additionally, every single issue that might possibly arise would be impossible to address within these guidelines. Therefore, just because a certain issue isn't raised here, doesn't mean it will be allowed (or disallowed, for that matter) within the Community...

For another thread concerning this issue, click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380430

As for the types of websites mentioned in previous posts, try going to www.google.com and typing in "single cruises" to do your research. You will find many of the websites that your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend if they could.

Wishing everyone lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif with their google search!

Kat

• 2 weeks later...
I received a message from someone regarding an excellent idea I wanted to share with others. I am signing up for the 1/20/07 cruise going to Mexico with the *********** company as it is a single scruise for 40 somethings. Itinerary looks great and from my research the company has a very good reputation.

Hello Sean,

I'm on this cruise also, it will be my 3rd cruise wth this agency and I'm sure you will not be disapointed. Look forward to meeting you.

I am signing up for the 1/20/07 cruise going to Mexico as it is a single scruise for 40 somethings. Itinerary looks great and from my research the company has a very good reputation.

Thanks for all of your help.

Hi, Sean,

I'm also on this cruise. It'll be my second trip with them. I truly enjoyed the first one, met new friends and several of them will also be joining us on this cruise. See you in January!

Sue

• 1 month later...
Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Hi,

Thanx,

IMHO, Carnival is the cruiseline for singles/solo cruisers. Their fun, fun, fun mentality makes it easy to join in on the fun. The shorter the cruise, the younger the crowd, the more the party atmostphere. The 3/4 nighters party as hard into the wee hours as do many nightclubs in New York City. The seven days are better for relaxing and enjoying excursions.

If you want to be alone, try one of the other cruiselines but . . . if you want to be part of the fun -- there is no where to go but Carnival.

I cruise solo and at this point in my life will only do Carnival because of the lower single supplement and because it is no big thing to get on a Carnival ship alone. Generally you have to tell people you are on the ship alone -- no one will notice. There is so much to do, even the closest family circles general split up and go their own way following their own pleasures. They also put solos at the same tables for dinner and most of their activities/excursions do not require a partner or group. Even in the dance club people just get on the dance floor alone or in same sex groups to enjoy the boogie!!:p

• 3 weeks later...

Archived